You and I II Chapter 1

Chongyun slowly blinked and opened his eyes, today was his first day at high school. "Chongyun! Breakfast is ready! If you don't wake up I'm taking away your phone for today!", Chongyun's mom yelled from downstairs. "I'm up! I'm up!", Chongyun yawned and got off his bed. He stretched his arms up and got ready for school. Walking outside with a slice of buttered bread in his mouth, Chongyun walked to school with his earpiece in. He wore the usuals; a blue hoodie with his uniform jacket on the outside, long pants, and his red sneakers.

Ever since grade school, Chongyun would be bullied for being quiet and emotionless. Since then, Chongyun didn't want to talk to anyone to avoid them getting bored of him.

Chongyun settled down in his homeroom. There he sat alone at the left corner of the classroom chewing in his mint drops while scrolling on his phone. "Hello my liege!", he heard a small voice from beside him. Chongyun looked over and saw a feminine-looking boy who had waved at him. "I will be your desk-mate. The names Xingqiu." Chongyun nodded slowly and looked back on his phone. "Wouldn't a good introduction be nice...?", Xingqiu tilted his head as he tried to get Chongyun's attention. "Leave me alone, you probably have so many other people to talk to...", he looked away.

"But, I really do want to be your friend."

Chongyun looked up at Xingqiu. A warm smile came from his face. Somehow, it felt pleasing. It felt like he really meant it. "Silly, you think I would wanna ditch you? You seem lonely and so am I." Chongyun felt at peace. He left like this boy... was honest. Flowing with relief, Chongyun stood up, and hugged Xingqiu. "You have no idea how much that meant to me..."

And so, they started talking often, very often. So often that they became bestfriends. The past few days of laughing at jokes, reading bookings under the trees in the garden and getting teased by Xingqiu, it all felt unreal. It felt, good.