It's cold II Chapter 7

Late night insomnia, drinking too much iced coffee, thinking too much about him. It felt so much like an addiction. Those feelings wrapped around him so tightly that he felt like he was suffocating. And if he lost someone so close to him, it would feel like his whole world fell apart. Loosing someone is normal for anyone but to him, it felt like Xingqiu was his only true friend who would stay by his side. Shaking his head, he tried to shake the thoughts out. But later he decided to distract himself by listening to music. 

Chongyun tapped his fingers to the beat of the songs playing until a certain song started to play. It was an OST (Original Soundtrack) from a movie he once watched when he was younger. Listening to it made it feel like he was in Xingqiu's presence. It felt like a warm glow and a melody that chimed softly. 

Now Playing:

Tamako Love Story OST - 風の吹く先

(https://youtu.be/-afhEMSHjwE)

Chongyun quickly snapped out of it and skipped to the next song. I don't want to think of him that way, what will he say if I told him how I felt?  Slowly, he closed his eyes and fell asleep. 

It's cold, snow was everywhere. The freezing air was brushing against his pale skin gently. His surroundings were ice crystal trees which shone under the sun. But under a particular tree he saw him

"Xingqiu! Xingqiu!"

Xingqiu couldn't hear him, he was focused on a book in his hand. Chongyun felt a strong feeling of uneasy-ness in his heart. He was sure Xingqiu could hear him from where he was. As the negative feeling grew in him, a snow storm brewed. Dark grew clouds overlapped the sun and the snow was thickening. Chongyun tried to run towards Xingqiu but when he reached, Xingqiu still hasn't noticed him. "Xingqiu! There's a snow storm, we need to get out of here!"

"Don't you notice, that it's your fault..?" Xingqiu looked up at him in a cold gaze. "You brought your feelings into this, didn't you feel something awhile ago? The storm was caused by that." Xingqiu shut his book and frowned at Chongyun. Chongyun felt so damp, why did Xingqiu say that? Xingqiu would be nicer. 

"You aren't Xingqiu." 

"I'm not, but this is what you think he will be like once you tell him how you feel, right?"

Speechless, what he said was true.

"You don't know, maybe he loves you. I'm just here to tell you that."

"I just..I love you. I mean him but you are him."

"Then tell me. Tell me how much you love me."

Chongyun clenched his fist and took a deep breath. He didn't know how to say it but he took a deep breath and took two steps forward. Holding Xingqiu's cheek, their lips met. It was a feeling of his warm breath and his cold lips. It felt soft, very soft. He wanted to stay like that forever. The warm embrace of them got the snow storm to fall into a silent drizzle of light snow. The sun shined onto the small specks of snow and it looked like crystals dancing in the sky. It felt wonderful, like he wanted this the whole time. Slowly, they let go.

"Well done. Do you now have the courage to tell him how you feel? After all I'm just Xingqiu in your dream."

"I guess so. I mean if I keep on overthinking I don't think it will bring me anywhere. Thank you for everything, Xingqiu."

Slowly, the dream faded. 'Dream' Xingqiu's last words were "You'll make it, I know it." After a while, Chongyun opened his eyes. He was back in his bedroom. He realised that another song was playing the whole time.

Now Playing:

Tamako Love Story OST - みどりの気持ち

(https://youtu.be/DeRvjy-zwq0)

Stretching, Chongyun sat up and pulled open his curtain to let in the morning sunlight. He felt a buzz coming from his bedside, a small notification popped up on his phone. It was Xingqiu.

"Wanna go out today? The December snow are on the trees! I'm thinking that we go to the Christmas tree at the central if it isn't too far away for you. Plus plus we can go at night, I'm sure it would look even better with the street lights too. What do you say? C:"

Chongyun smiled, this is his chance. To finally tell him how he feels. He replied,

Sure, meet you at 8:30pm. Remember to wear a scarf. It will be cold tonight.

(Wrote this after I watched Tamako Love Story. It was DAMN good man, anyways sorry for the late release and the next chapter will probably be the climax so be prepared c:)