Chills under my skin II Chapter 4

Xingqiu came from a wealthy family. Therefore, he had to come home to rich and spoiled parents who made him wear heavy jewelry and ride in fancy cars. Whenever Xingqiu went to school, he pretended to be escorted to a car but bribed a butler into letting him ride a bike without his parents knowing. "Master Xingqiu, a few visitors are coming in the afternoon. Please display elegant behavior." His butler would smile and adjust Xingqiu's tie. "This is too tight..." Xingqiu started pulling his collar. "Bare with it, you are a royal. Therefore you have to look your best. Be grateful that your grandmother convinced your parents to let you into a mere public and poor looking scho-", the butler was cut off by Xingqiu yelling over "Shut up! Shut...up, you sound like them..."

"Do not use such language in this household, Young Master Xingqiu!", the Butler gave Xingqiu a slap across the face. "Now, don't make me blow my top. The visitors will be coming soon, so please be at your best." The butler stormed out of Xingqiu's room. Xingqiu was on the verge of tears. Slowly, he walked to the dining hall. Before he opened the door, he took in a deep breath and pulled on a smile.

Xingqiu has always been afraid of his parents. Since young, his parents have been beating him for every small mistake he has made. Often, his eyes are seen in a grey, dark and gloomy way. The only thing he will ever remember is the day he felt set free from fear, that was the day his eyes met with a stranger. He felt close to this particular person from the start, it's as if fate pulled them together. Xingqiu recalled how blue his eyelashes were, and how warm his smile was.

That day, it rained softly. After the meeting with the visitors, Xingqiu sat found sitting on the edge of the window with a book in his hands. Slowly, Xingqiu looked up from his book and reached his hand out of the window. Soft droplets of rain rested on his palm. "One day I'll tell you how I really feel for sure, Chongyun."

(Inspired by a character named Yuki from Fruits Basket LMAO)