~ I ~

"Diego, come on."

"I don't need to go back."

"He was your father - you at least owe him this."

"He was barely a father. He made a robot to look after us, Alexis. He was an asshole. We were a science experiment, and that was it."

"What about your siblings?"

He paused.

"I owe them nothing."

"What about Grace, then? I'll come with you, but you cannot keep putting this off."

He got up, pacing furtively around the room.

"They'll know, Lex. They'll be able smell it on you."

"What, power? It's not hard to hide - you didn't see it for months after you found me."

"Alexis, you literally have the Midas touch. It's difficult not to miss."

"Only when I use it. Stop calling it that - Midas was gold. I don't do gold."

She folded her arms. Diego gestured to nowhere in particular, then sighed defeatedly.

"Fine. But if it goes south, I'm out of there."

Alexis stuck out her hand, eyebrows raised. Half-heartedly, he shook it, and they got up.

"I should have just left you in that apartment."

"Maybe, but then you'd have missed out on my excellent fighting skills and great fashion sense," she said flatly.

"Great fashion sense?"

"I'm sorry, what are you wearing right now?"

"Leather."

"Spandex," she corrected. 

A/N

this one's really short, but they'll get longer -  I promise

-peregrine