~ X ~

Wednesday (the first time)

Only Allison was there. Diego excused himself to go and find Luther and the others. He seemed strange, which could only be expected, but Alexis was still worried about him. The two women were left alone.

"Apparently I missed a lot," Alexis said, sat by the bar.

"That's certainly true," said Allison.

"What happened with Vanya? Diego didn't mention her."

Allison looked at her feet.

"Remember Leonard? There are no records of him anywhere."

"What?"

"Yeah I know. It's really weird," she said, speaking faster. "And they're moving so quickly, and I'm worried about her. She won't listen to me at all."

Alexis furrowed her brow.

"I mean, if Vanya is happy with him, then she won't want to listen to you. That's not on her - but I get where you're coming from. That doesn't seem right."

"I just don't know what to do about it."

"I'm not sure what you can do, to be honest."

Allison murmured in agreement as the rest of the family began to trickle in.

As usual, Luther initiated the conversation.

"The world's ending in three days," he said, rather abruptly.

"Three days?"

"That's what Five said."

"The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it," mused Klaus. "He just left out the part about how soon."

"But can we trust him?" said Allison. "I don't know if you've noticed, but Five's a little..."

"Intense? Crazy?" said Alexis.

"Our little psycho," laughed Klaus.

Luther continued.

"He was pretty convincing. If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse, those lunatics wouldn't be chasing him."

"That's why they were after him?" said Diego, looking at Alexis.

"Yeah."

"What did Five even see?" said Allison.

Luther looked down awkwardly.

"Uh... Apparently, we all fought together against whoever was responsible."

He trailed off.

"Okay. So, here's the plan," he said. "Uh, we go through Dad's research..."

"Wait, what?" said Alexis.

"Hold on, hold on."

"Wait a tick, wait a tick, wait a tick," said Klaus. "What actually happened the first time around?"

Luther looked troubled.

"Come on, big boy, spit it out," said Diego impatiently.

"We died," mumbled Luther, barely audible.

"What was that?" said Allison.

"I said, uh, we died."

The room fell silent momentarily, then exploded with questions. Through the chaos, Alexis noticed Vanya at the door. She smiled at her and made her way over. She saw Leonard with her, and didn't smile at him, Allison's words replaying in her head.