~ XII ~

Wednesday (again)

"Hold the phone," said Klaus. "We all died fighting this thing

the first time around. Remember?"

Diego spoke up.

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point. What gives us a win this time?"

Alexis jumped as Five blinked into the room.

"Je... Jesus!" yelled Klaus. "You guys, am I still high, or do you see him, too?"

"Five, where have you been?" asked Luther, annoyed.

Alexis, taking a proper look at him, realised how bashed-up he looked.

"Are you all right?" asked Alexis.

Five waved his hand in the air.

"Irrelevant. So, the apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us."

"The Umbrella Academy."

"Yeah, but with me, obviously," he said.

"And Alexis," said Diego.

"And Alexis," agreed Allison.

"And me, I guess."

Five nodded, then continued.

"So if y'all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us? No. And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead."

He paused.

"I know who's responsible for the apocalypse. This is who we have to stop."

He held up a slip of paper, on which was written a name.

"Harold Jenkins?" scoffed Diego. "Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?"

"I don't know... yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him, and we have to do it now."

Luther stepped forward.

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?"

"I don't know," admitted Five.

"Wait, so you just know his name? That's it?"

"That's enough," he said.

"There's probably dozens of Jenkinses," said Diego.

Allison coughed slightly.

"I'm sorry," she said. "Am I the only one that's skeptical here? I mean, how exactly do you know

all of this about what's-his-name?"

"Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?"

Allison put a hand on Alexis' shoulder.

"Oh, yeah, I think I remember those guys," said Klaus.

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk," said Diego sarcastically.

"Yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth."

"The Temps what?"

"My former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days."