~ XVIII ~

Alexis' head snapped as someone else ran in. Klaus.

"Guys, it's Cha-Cha!" he shouted. "It's Cha-Cha, she..."

"Klaus!" screamed Luther. "Get down!"

Klaus ducked, shielding his head from the bullets. They all crouched low, trying to avoid the gunfire. Alexis' whole body shook, as she sheltered under Allison, who had a protective arm around her. She squeezed her hands tighter over her ears as the noise pulsed through her mind. She was going to die here. As she thought this, memories flooded through her.

Her mother, screaming.

Her old school friends.

Her power.

Diego. His stupid mask.

The Umbrella Academy.

Allison.

She looked up slowly as she saw something new. Energy - but not Vanya's, which was still pulsating, but... from Klaus. He had his eyes shut, his clenched fists glowing bright blue. Luther yelled something unintelligible. The gunfire still ricocheted around, but Klaus didn't seem to notice. Alexis watched as something appeared - something humanoid. It was like an apparition, made of Klaus' energy. It became clearer and more defined, and Alexis realised it was a person. All of a sudden, tentacles exploded from it, attacking the gunmen. It seemed impossible, but this monster was able to make contact with the attackers. It plucked them off of the balconies, taking down multiple at time. Slowly, Alexis stood, as did the others.

"Oh my God," said Luther. "It's him, Ben."

Alexis looked around. The other's faces were confused, and joyful. Allison mouthed his name, watching.

"Now who's the lookout?" said Klaus.

Alexis smiled, but her heart sunk as she looked around.

"Where's Diego?" she asked.

Luther shrugged. Alexis craned her neck, but she couldn't see him anywhere. All the while, Vanya's energy still pulsated around the hall.

"I need to find him," she said, worried. "Where would he have gone?"

Five spoke.

"Cha-Cha. He wanted to... avenge that detective."

Alexis' eyes widened. She looked quickly at the others.

"I'm going after him."

Allison squeezed her hand. Alexis looked into her face for a second, and then ran off into the depths of the hall, screaming for Diego.

She sprinted around the corridors, yelling his name. He seemed to have vanished. Her heart pounded in her chest, as she tried not to consider how a fight between him and a trained assassin could end. He was good, of course, but if Cha-Cha had a gun, he stood much less of a chance. Time seemed to slow as she raced through doors, along hallways, up and down stairs.

Finally, rounding a corner, she met someone. It wasn't Diego - it was Cha-Cha. This time, Alexis had no fears about fighting her. Adrenaline coursed through her body as she sprinted towards the assassin, who seemed weakened.

"What did you do with him?" she yelled, as she reached her.

Cha-Cha scrambled away, Alexis dodging a few punches. Alexis kicked her, hard, in the chest, and she stumbled backwards. Again, they moved around each other, each one trying to outwit the other. Alexis could tell Cha-Cha was tired, but that didn't make her any less scary. Alexis got lucky and struck her right on the nose. She advanced on her as the woman cradled her face - her nose was broken.