Worrisome

I set the empty sauce stained bowl on the glass coffee table and kicked my feet up. Rick should be back anytime with his car and my cat. So I continued to flip through the channels spongebob, hoarders, Jackass. Nothing I really wanted to watch. So I got up and opened the cabinets intrigued by the black bottle. I pulled it and the bottle of Parton down, slicing some limes and pouring it into a shot glass. I went through 8 1/6th of lime and was weary of the tart flavor.

I popped the cork out of the bottle and took the longest drink possible. Which was nearly half. Carefully I stumbled over to the couch and sat down. I brought the bottle back up to my lips as the door swung open. 

He set the cage down and let the black creature free before closing the door. Setting down the grocery bags he looked over and our eyes met in a glance. "Thanks" I slightly slurred not enough for him to really notice. He walked over and kissed me softly "you been eating limes?" I shook my head and he went back to the groceries. I took another large drink and he started back over placing his hand on the bottle.

"Give it to me" he demanded "no"  he snatched it back and suddenly I became empty. He set it on the counter shaking his head and pulling containers of berries from the sack. I feel over on to the pillows and my eyes filled with tears. "Are you okay?" He questioned. "I want my wine back." I cried. "No, I pouring it out. You're already drunk." I stumbled to get up but it was already drained down the sink. "Ricky" "what?" He slammed a bag of chips down and it bursts. "Fuck" he roller it up from the bottom placing it in the cabinet. "I'm sorry." I Sat on the hard Harwood floor. "Just go to bed."

I used the counter to pull myself up on my feet. After a few stumblish steps he picked me up my head against his chest and carried me to the bedroom. Setting me on the end of the bed he pulled the covers down and tucked me in. "Stay" I asked" I have to go put groceries up then I'll be back." He retreated back to the kitchen.

I grabbed my phone and let it illuminate the room with the screens glow. A few minutes later he came back throwing his shirt toward the hamper and unbuckling his belt. His pants fell to the floor leaving him in only dark grey boxers. I moved over and he crawled in pulling me tightly against him. "I worry about you." He whispered kissing my cheek.