Double Take

"Hey beautiful." I felt a soft thumb brush across my cheek until I sat up and opened my eyes. "I made you French toast." He sat the platter down on my lap. "thanks." He sat down next to me. "I'm actually not really hungry." " oh, you want me to take this." "Yes please." He sat it on the bed side table.

"Since I'm telling you in advance you can't get upset, and you have to behave. We're all going to Ryan and Allies to discuss your drinking problem. It starts at 3." "what if I don't want to go because I don't have a problem?" "Then your weeks up baby." "Ricky I don't wanna loose you." I pulled him close to my chest. "You won't just sit through this today." "Can I at least have a drink now?" "All that's in there is beer. You're not quitting cold turkey are you?" Ricky asked sitting up. "No, it's impossible." "Well you haven't had one in over a day I don't think one glass would do more harm than good. Why don't you get dressed and you can have a glass." He checked his watch. "two." " I know it's almost two." "No I meant two glasses." "No, now get dressed." He stated.

"See now I think this might be a little short." I told him pretending to struggle pulling my skirt down. "bullshit, grab your bag." "it's 2:47, yeah we can catch dinner on the way back." "You said I could have a drink." I protested. "Yeah, later." "Whatever." I picked up my purse from the couch and walked out of the front door. He followed behind throwing me his keys. "I have shit ton of email I need to respond to, could you drive?" "Yeah." I agreed.

"What the fuck asshole?" I yelled from the window flipping the driver. "Fuck, please don't kill us." "It's not even me just these people that can't drive." I saw the red and blue flashing lights behind us and immediately started to panic. "oh fuck." I pulled over "calm down but there's weed in the glove compartment." " what the fuck?" "I was smoking with Ryan and left it in here." I gave him a dirty glare.

A knock on the windshields made me readjust myself. I rolled the windows down to reveal a longer blonde haired policeman. "hello, speed limits 40, not 55." He smiled pointing at the sign behind us. "I'm sorry I'm just trying to drop my brother off." "where at?" He leaves against the car door "the airport before he misses his flight." I explained "well, can you promise to slow it down and I don't know maybe call me." he handed me his card. "yeah, no problem." I smiled back. "Great, take care I hope your brother makes his flight." "Thanks." I slowly pulled off.

"Really?" Rick glared "what?" "You're just gonna flirt in front of me and now I'm your brother." " okay let me be an ass to the cop that got me off because guess where registration is?" "You're not really gonna call him are you?" He indirect asked. "no, baby could you get my cigs from my purse." He handed me one from the box and I lit the end to a glowing orange cherry.

I stopped in front of Allies house and put the car in park. "who the fucks all here?" " Allie, Josh, Ryan, Ryan, Sabrina, Chris, Nick, And Jamie" "can't we all just made quadruple date or whatever" "out babe." He set his laptop on the floor and opened the door. I saw the curtain quickly close. "fine lets just get it over with." I got out and walked up the driveway not waiting for Rick.

"Remember they're just trying to help" He restated turning towards me and rubbing my upper arm with his thumb. Allie pulled the door open her dark purple lips immediately smiled. "Hey, I've missed you." She threw her arms around me. "I've missed you too." I followed her in where everyone was sitting around in the front room. I flopped down next to Chris "hey dude" I greeted "hey." He smiled back.

Rick sat next to me and placed his arm around my shoulder and hand on my thigh. "So let's get down to it" Allie said rubbing her hands together. "You have a drinking problem and it's getting bad. So all of us think it's best for you to stop." Malarky followed. I just kinda went on auto nod. "Obviously we're not as close as you and Ryan or Allie ,but I've already seen Rick go down this road. And it wasn't pretty, we really don't wanna see another friend do it. Drugs suck, they might seem fun, relaxing, or a way to escape at the time but they'll pull you under before you know it." I kinda snuggle tighter into Ricky. When will this be over.

*AN: If you like this story go check out my new one! It entitled The Only Demon I Believe in is Myself and includes Alex Koehler (Chelsea Grin front man). This story's coming to a close soon so get hooked on a new
one!"