Chapter 11

"Sam!" A voice boomed. My eyes are fluttered open and I scan my eyes for the clock. "Oh No!" I screamed. I rush to the bathroom to brush my teeth and grab my clothes off the dresser. I hurry up and get dressed and brush my hair. I rush down the stairs, slightly falling. "About time you're almost late for school!" My mother says. "I know I'm sorry mom." I say as I sit down. "You need me to drive you to school?" "Yes please." I say as I slow my chewing down. 10 minutes later I'm walking through the doors of school. Matthew is nowhere to be found. I look around and I spot him walking side by side with his ex girlfriend Danielle. I just go to my locker and I walk right behind them. I pretend it doesn't bother me. Matthew whispers something to her and she starts giggling. A tear starts to form in my eye and I walk ahead of them and rush to class.My head is down trying to hide the tears until I bump into Matt.
....
"Hey beautiful." he says. He takes in my face with his hands and cups my cheeks. "What's wrong hun?" He says his face falling as he takes in my face. "No- nothing I'm fine I promise." I say. "No your not, we've only been friends for a few months and your already lying to me." "No seriously I'm fine." It's just me and my mother got into another argument about my brothers death." "Come here give me a hug hun." He says as he reaches his arms out for me to step into them. His hugs have never felt this way. Their usually friendly, but this time there is fire between us. Right now there is no place I'd rather be than in his arms. We stayed like this for at least 2 minutes, until I look up and say, "Don't ever let go." I wasn't going to." he replies. I softly cry in his arms until I get myself together. The bell rings and everyone starts walking in. I let go of Matt and walk to my seat. Matt walks to his seat, winks at me and I softly giggle. Then, 10 minutes into class, Matthew walks in and is glooming. I just roll my eyes and ignore him when he takes a seat right next to me.
....
"Hey." he says. I roll my eyes and I continue to write down notes as the teacher explains the PowerPoint we are going through. "What's your problem, I'm just trying to make conversation." he says. "Why are you talking to me?" I harshly whisper. "Because I can. "Well I'm trying to take notes now will you leave me alone?" I whisper. "Leave her alone. Matt speaks up. A Little too loudly. "Is there a problem Mr.Conley?" Yes, Jackson's talking is distracting me, I don't even think he's taking notes, maybe he should move up?" I look back and mouth the words thank you to him. "Mr.Jackson have a seat next to my desk." Matthew turned around and flicked him off. "Sorry I don't do boys, I'm already taken, now isn't that right Sam?" Yes sir." I say. Matthew looks pissed. He just walked to the seat he was assigned to.
....
After class, me and Matt start heading to lunch Hand in hand. We walked in the cafeteria and all of a sudden Matt starts hiding behind me. "What are you doing? I ask trying to unhook from his grip on me. "Its my ex girlfriend." he says still hiding. Oh. "Now will you stop squirming. Oh. His ex. "I think she saw you." I say. I keep noticing me hat she keeps looking over here. "Why are you hiding from her anyway? I ask. "Not a good break up. he says. "Oh. Well she keeps scolding me like she has something against me." I say still looking at her and him. "It would be funnier if she thought you were my-" he stops and his face becomes darker and he smile is mischievous. "Since she keeps looking, why don't we give her something to look at?" He says. "What are you ta-" I am cut off by his lips immediately crashing into mine. People are taking pictures. The world is spinning. Wait a minute why is the world spinning? Wait a minute am I kissing him back? I can't focus. This is so left. But so right. Oh no! What happened to his ex? I don't really care right now but I just have to keep kissing him. This kiss means something. It's probably a sign. The world stops spinning. I can't feel his lips anymore. "Good acting hun. For a second It almost felt real." he whispered in my ear. Acting? Oh.