Chapter 5

"What's going on, what did you tell her?" This is the first time she'd ever refer to me as a girl or a her ever. "I didn't tell her anything." he says. I look at her face. She washed off majority of her blood but some of it is dried up. I can see a black eye forming, we'll at least I think so, because there's a black ring around her eye. I can tell she put makeup around it because it's rarely seen. "Where's mom and her mom?" She asks with curiosity. "They went to go get dinner." he says and for some reason I can't take my eyes off of him. "What?" He catches me staring. i immediately take my eyes off of him, for his sisters sake. If she saw me, God my life would be over. I'm glad after a few minutes of silence Matt says, "Kia can you ever keep your eyes off that screen for at least a week? He is obviously annoyed I can tell for some reason. "Of course I can, if it will make you feel better I'll put it down right.... now. she places her phone down onto the table. Ding after ding after ding after ding. Her face becomes pale and her cheeks looses flush obviously embarrassed. She pretends like she wants to ignore it and then says, "What are we gonna sit here and not say anything?" "No we can- he is cut off by the door. Thank you Jesus. I think to myself. "Sorry I left dear, without saying anything." she says carrying bags as she pushes the door open. Matt grabs the bags from her hands and sits them on the table. "What a gentlemen." I tease and stick my tongue at him like a 5 year old. "Anytime." he says. I chuckle to myself and he laughs and snorts. I laugh even harder. I stop laughing when I see Kia come into the kitchen. She walks past me and out the door to go meet her mom. Her mom was walking right into the door,so they both bump into each other. "Now I know not to keep my face into my phone all of the time." she laughs. We all laugh along except Kia. After dinner I offer to help clean up the kitchen, but Mrs.Jackson denies it. I sit at the table when she's finished cleaning up and I notice Kia's phone is on the table. I looked around to make sure no one notices what I'm about to do. I grab her phone and slam it onto the floor. I lift my leg up but just on time Matt shows up again and he knocks me out of the chair. he grabs his sisters phone, shakes his head at me, and walks out of the kitchen.