Chapter 7

I just started school again. Thank God because I don't think I could survive another day staring at my room walls whenever I wake up in the morning. "Sam!" I hear someone yell behind me. I speed up so I don't have to face whoever is calling me, the last thing I need is people in my face. "Sam!" Someone yells again. I am running now. A cold hand grabs my shoulder and turns me around. "What?" I yell and it takes me a second to realize it's Matt. I try to run again, but he has a grip on me. "Stop trying to fight me." He says. "Get off of me," I yank him off and run again, but this time he pushes me to a locker. His hands are on the lockers trying to close all space between us.
"I don't care what you have to say just get away from me. I say. "You can stop pretending now, my sisters not around. I look around and the halls are clear. I kiss him, better, better than before. Me and Matt have been in love for some months, but he has never really said it. We have kept it a secret from everyone. The only people who know are our best friends Kaylia and Joe. I pull away. "What is it?" he asks. "Nothing I just really need to get to class." I say walking away and I wipe my mouth. I reapply my make-up and head down the hall.
"Miss Thomas, why are you late this time?" Asks Mrs. Kelly. She's beautiful. All of the boys at this school has tried to get with her for years now,but they already know she's married. She told us once that she was about 26. I was surprised that she wasn't ashamed to tell us. Mrs.Kelly is tall with black long Indian hair. She has perfect curve and a big butt. I think that's the main reason boys like her not because of the real her. "Sorry I was getting my stuff out of my locker." I lie, but I always am good with making good excuses. "Sit please and thank you." she says. I sit and see Matt stumbles into the class room and falls face first. Everyone laughs except me. He only does stuff like this to make other girls laugh. "Have a seat Matt." Mrs.Kelly says. "Alright alright miss thang." he laughs and puts his hands in the air in defeat and we all join in and laugh. He winks at her because, like every guy, he likes her. I look away and I catch an eye. His name is what... Luke I think? I stare at him and he continues to look at me while not breaking our connection. I stop looking until I hear a ruler slam against the desk in front of me. "Am I interrupting something miss?" Mrs.Kelly asks. I smile and twist my curly locks, "no m'am." "So quit staring at boys." I flush in embarrassment while everyone else laughs. When I look at Matt, he's not laughing, his cheeks are red with anger. And I smirk at him. And push my hair back behind my shoulder.
After class I head for lunch. I look in the hallway for Luke. I spot him and beckon him over. He walks over and he starts to blush. Wow, just classic. "Look Luke, I don't know why you were staring at me but-" he cuts me off. First off, my name is not Luke," he smiles and I flush in embarrassment. "It's not?" I ask shocked. "No, it's Matthew." he shrugs his shoulders. i laugh and he joins. I stop laughing. "What's wrong?" he says. I look behind him. Someone turns him around and starts punching him repeatedly in the face. I freeze in horror.