Chapter 9

I stormed out of the cafeteria. I was now officially on edge and I was willing to hurt anything that got In my way. I walked passed a group of girls crowding as girl. "Hey what are you doing?" I shouted. "Mind you own damn business. the girl replied. Today is not the day to test me. "Didn't I say leave?" she raised her voice. "You have 3 two 1 seconds to get out of here before my fist connects to your jaw." I raise my voice. The girl walks away with her so called posy and the girl remained on the floor. "Come on let's go." I helped her up. "Do you want to talk about it?" Let me rephrase that, spill. I was thinking but I didn't say. "Can we go somewhere else to talk about this?" she says quietly.

"Well ..." She starts. "They've been bullying me for the past 2 years." she sobs. "What the hell?" Why haven't you said anything." "I can't." she says. "What do you mean you can't?" I stand up and walk towards the door. "Wait no, please! she pleads. "I get abused at home and my dad said If I report anything at all at school he would kill me slowly and watch me suffer." she sobs louder. I can't believe this is happening. I don't know what to do, I have never been in this type of situation. "Well your not telling are you?" I am" I say. I walk out of the door and head to the principals office.

I tell her about her abusive father and that those girls were bullying her and about the threats he was giving her. When we walk out the principals office I'm basically holding her up because she's scared he's going to come after her. I told her she has nothing to worry about. "The principal just sent the police right over to your house." I give her a small smile. She makes an effort to return it but fails. We both start heading to our next classes. She grabs my arm and pulls me into a hug. "What are you doing? I shout. "I just wanted to thank you for saving me." she says, still not pulling away. I'm not really a hugger, so I just slowly push her off. "Your welcome." I say and turn to head the other direction."By the way, my name is Kayla." she says. Before I could say anything she was out of sight.

After school, I walk on the bus. I run, because the bus is always packed and I rarely get a seat. When I step on the bus it's just my luck. Everyone has found a seat and I have no choice, but to sit next to Matthew because he's sitting alone. I walk past him and he grabs my arm and says, "Come sit by me." I flushed but it wasn't noticeable to anyone but him. I sat down and put my book bag in my lap. He took my book bag and put it in his lap. I looked in his mint blue eyes. "Oh my God what happened to your lip?" I whispered. "I got in a fight with some boy in my neighborhood." "Oh my gosh are you okay?" I said. "If you kiss it, it will make me feel better." he says. A smile is tugging at my lips. "I'll think about it.

By the time I made it home my mom was looking at the news. Her face was horrified. "What's wrong mom?" "A student at you school was beaten almost to death." she says. "What?" I shouted and ran over to the tv.

Channel 2 action news

A student from Pebblebrooke high school was beat nearly to death and she is now suffering critically and is going to be in the hospital for atleast 2 months. The mother of this 15 year old girl has died in a car crash and her father has been beating on her. Kayla Thomas has been fighting for her-

"Turn it off!" I shout pulling my hair. "What's wrong with you?"my mom says softly. "Turn it off!" I scream. I run into my bedroom and slam the door and lock it and didn't come out for the past 2 weeks.