-Chapter 9-

- Chapter 9 -

The next day.

Misaki returned to her apartment after a long never-ending day of work. She just felt like doing nothing but falling into her bed and going to sleep. She placed her bag on a counter upon entering the kitchen and also took off her jacket. Her body felt like it needed a day-long massage just for her to relax. Misaki grabbed a cup from the kitchen cabinet to pour herself some water to cool down.

She went to the fridge to get a jug of cool water. After pouring the water into the cup she took a sip and looked around her apartment. There was nothing to do, nothing exciting to come home to.

"Should I watch a movie and fall asleep?" Misaki said to herself. She was tired and wanted to sleep but also wanted to do something before she would sleep. She could fall asleep to the noise of the tv in the background. That was always fun.

But first, she needed to take a shower and warm up some of the food her mother sent for her so she wouldn't starve or burn down the building.

Going back to the fridge Misaki picked out some dishes her mom Minako had made for her. In silence, she placed what she wanted to eat on a plate and placed it in the microwave. While the food reheated she packed up the other dishes back into the fridge and decided to shower as the food warmed up.

Entering her bathroom Misaki turned on the shower and waited for the water to warm up. As she was passing her mirror she stopped to stare at herself. Some of her colleagues were commenting on how she seemed to be glowing or seemed different than normal but she didn't see the difference.

"I changed my hair up a bit. Was that it or the face cream I got on special?" Misaki questioned running her fingers along her face. Or maybe whatever Takumi kept telling her was working? For some odd reason, her body felt a bit lighter these days like a huge burden was taken off her shoulder. It felt good when you put yourself first.

"Why am I thinking about that again?" Misaki muttered.

On the subject of Takumi, Misaki started to think about his confession yet again. It was so quick and unexpected like something you would take for a joke. He didn't have an issue with her saying she didn't feel anything for him and just teased her about it but things might be awkward going forward. She hadn't seen him since they returned home yesterday and she was thankful for that.

Takumi seemed like a nice guy but she didn't trust herself to jump into another relationship. She committed so much to her last one and got burned in the end. She knew her ex and Takumi were different people but she had to safeguard her heart.

She did however want to regain her confidence and show those around her she still had the same fire as her younger hard working self burning inside her. Misaki needed to work on herself before she thought of being romantically involved with someone. She didn't want to be in a position where she would the one emotionally invested in the relationship.

Misaki had known Mitsou for five years and barely noticed the change in his behavior so how would she be able to tell if Takumi started to drift away from the relationship? They were better off becoming friends for now. As much as he annoyed her at times he did uplift her and she was thankful for that.

"I should buy something for Takumi. If it wasn't for him I don't think I would've gotten over that relationship so fast but what does he like?" Misaki questioned while she took off her clothes.

All their conversations were about her and she barely knew anything about him other than the fact that he lived in front of her, his name, his appearance, and a few minor details. Why didn't she ever realize or thought about that before? Now she was curious about Takumi. Before this entire teach me stuff, she didn't even remember too much about him as a neighbor.

Misaki tried to think of any interactions they might've had before all of this but she remembered nothing. "I'm too tired to think about it," She said giving up.

Meanwhile, in the apartment opposite to Misaki's own, Takumi sat on his couch eating dinner and watching a show on his laptop. His evening was going the same as it normally went with food, a tv show, and silence. There wasn't much entertainment in his life outside of work but did work really count as entertainment? It was as though Takumi was a robot who did the same programmed things over and over again each new day. Well, that was until he started talking to Misaki and helping her. Now his life had fun unexpected moments through her hilarious reactions and personality.

It was safe to say Takumi normally lived life in a bubble inside his apartment and only mingled with others for work but Misaki had captured his interest and expanded the bubble.

Takumi was no longer interested in the show but thinking of the first time he met Misaki and the moments after that made him curious about the woman next door.

2 years ago ...