-Chapter 6-

Misaki cannot believe it worked. Now to test something important. She would kiss him and see how her heart reacted. But how could she boldly kiss him? What if he woke up? What if something bad happened?

She started to approach Takumi to give him a kiss but then thought, how could she make someone drunk just to kiss them? It was so wrong. Misaki slapped her forehead, leaned back, and stood up to leave his apartment. Hopefully, he would be too drunk to remember she was here.

When Takumi knew she was gone he sat up smiling. "So sly of you Misaki."

Takumi got up off his couch to go lock his apartment door. He was still smiling from Misaki's sudden kiss attack on him. She was just too cute for her own good. He knew she must be trying to figure out her feelings for him. He had a feeling she was still hooked up on her ex even if she didn't admit it and if she wasn't, Misaki was letting the fear of falling for someone only to be hurt again stop her from liking someone. It was also a bit soon for her to have feelings for someone.

This whole situation means she'll be awkward around him now and that was the last thing he wanted. Every time he took a step forward with her something like this always happened to push him a step back. He now had to think of a way to break the tension building up between them.

He returned to his couch thinking about an idea that could help. She'll probably deny him just to stay away from him until she sorted out her feelings. Takumi's mind drifted back to meeting her boyfriend Mitsou for the first time. What on earth did Misaki see in that guy? Maybe he changed as the relationship grew. Or love was truly blind.

He just needed to figure out how on earth he would get her to be comfortable around him again. Maybe date exercise? It would be awkward but they might end up having fun in the end. Who knows?

Instead of laying down on his couch and watching tv or going to bed, Takumi made his way over to the same person who had plans of getting him drunk and then kissing him. That was the flaw. He was supposed to be drunk, not sober walking around. He came up with a brilliant yet stupid and embarrassing idea.

As he stood in front of Misaki's apartment which is located right next to his apartment, he knocked on the door in a weird pattern and awaited her arrival. Misaki who was inside freaking out still reluctantly opened her door at the sound of someone knocking.

She opened her door to see none other than Takumi standing there leaning to the side as though he can't hold his own weight.

"Tomorrow...You and I...date," He slurred trying to find his balance. Misaki helped him so he wouldn't fall. "Be ready by nine."

With that being said, he moved back to his own apartment and closed the door leaving Misaki utterly speechless. What the heck was the only words she could think of.

On the other side of the hall behind closed doors, Takumi smacked himself in the forehead. That was the dumbest thing he had ever done but maybe it worked. She might feel guilty for getting him drunk and go along with the date. He'd hate to have to explain how he came from drunk to sober so quickly. Let's just hope Misaki agreed to go along with the date.

-Misaki apartment-

Misaki closed her apartment door after the weird drunken meet with Takumi was over. She smacked her forehead hard. Why did she get him drunk? Why didn't he have a better tolerance? Then again she gave him a whole case. She could've killed him. How would she explain that to him if he had at least gotten sick for some reason? What if he found out? How would she explain that to him? She'd die of embarrassment if he found out what she did.

She practically dragged herself from the apartment door to her bedroom. Things have been hectic lately. She wasn't even sure about what she thought about Takumi. She hasn't ever liked a guy so quickly. It didn't happen with Mitsou either. It took a while for her to really like Mitsou and to trust men in general after what her father did.