~ Chapter 3~

I can always remember the time we first met," Takumi told Misaki who didn't know that girl was her.

"You should tell her you like her," Misaki urged him.

"I don't think she will like me the way I like her. And to make it worst, the more time I spend with her I might fall in love with her."

"What's so bad about that?" Misaki questioned him not understanding his reasons to not tell the girl he loved her. What was so bad about falling in love with someone? Wasn't that a good thing? She then thought about her ex. Maybe it wasn't so great to love someone.

"Let's just say she won't like me back I guess," Takumi wanted to drop the topic quickly. His mind was still on what happened last night. When she remembered he wondered what her reaction would be like.

"I think she would love you. I mean you're a kind guy. You're h-handsome and whatever you know," Misaki trailed off not looking at him anymore.

Takumi found it cute and smiled faintly. He cleared his throat. "And you're beautiful too."

Misaki blushed. She couldn't look him in the eye anymore. "Don't lie to me."

"What? Didn't your ex boyfriend ever told you that?" Takumi asked a little shocked. Was her ex blind? What more in a girl could he want than Misaki? Sure Takumi didn't know Misaki that well but she was the first girl he had ever deem as interesting or had caught his full attention for so long.

Misaki nodded her head slowly thinking about something. "He did when we started dating but I don't know it just all changed and it didn't bother me at first."

"Wow he didn't know what he had," Takumi teased her. One man's trash is another man's treasure huh?

Misaki chuckled and just in time their food arrived. "Hmm," Misaki moaned, taking a bite of her lunch. It tasted so heavenly.

"No need to get erotic Misa-"

"I'm not!" She yelled when she realised what she did. Takumi you pervert!

Takumi put his hands up in defence. "I'm just kidding."

Misaki's phone buzz. She went into her bag and took out her phone to read an email. Her face paled. Takumi notices her change in mood.

"What?" He questioned, concerned about her. What was happening?

"There's a party tonight," She told him, resuming to eat her food.

"And?" He wasn't quite catching unto what she was getting at.

"My ex will be there. The company he works for is a partner of my law firm. Geez I'm still in the stage of kicking his ass," Misaki growled squeezing her phone to the point she could break it.

"No problem I'll go with you," Takumi said sneaking away some of her food. "That's really good."

"What?" Misaki questioned as though she heard him wrong.

"I said that's re-"

"No before that," She interrupted him. Of course he knew what she meant.

"I said I'll go with you," He repeated for her.

"Why?"

"You don't want to go alone and you need someone to hold you back in case your ex rubs you the wrong way," Takumi snickered while she glared at him.

"I can control myself," She mumbled taking a bite of her food. "I have to leave soon to prepare some files for work."

"Oh that reminds me how are you doing with your job?"