- Chapter 8-

"About your confession after the party..." Misaki paused and tried to slow down her heart, which was beating fast for some reason. She had never felt like this since the time she first confessed to her ex-boyfriend. It felt as though a lump was caught in her throat, making her unable to speak. "I think I should be alone for a while. I don't really have an answer to whether I like you are not. Things like this are just foreign to me right now and my mind is all jumbled up right now an-"

"Woah, slow down Misaki," Takumi told her as she was starting to talk too quickly for him to understand.

Misaki took a deep breath. "I'm sorry but I don't think I can return the same feelings right now. It's all too sudden. My relationship didn't end too long ago and I know there's not a waiting period before it's accepted to hop into a new relationship but I can't handle that right now. There are some things I want to figure out myself before I start committing to someone again"

"I'm not expecting you to like me back in a couple of days. It's my fault I couldn't resist and confessed my feelings to you. I'm sorry for that," He apologized for making things awkward between them. "I think it would be a good idea if you could just somehow maybe forget that even happened? Should I take you to some magician to make that memory vanish?"

"It amazes me how you joke at any point in time to annoy me, "Misaki glared at him. She was having a really hard time making sense of her feelings. Of course, she couldn't like him in a couple of days. That was just impossible, right?

"It's my specialty," Takumi answered with a smile on his face.

Misaki could not help but laugh at his reply. "You are very complicated to understand Takumi."

She sighed running her hand through her raven hair. Why did it turn out like this?

"Anyway Misaki, what shall we do now? Do you really want to be alone or should I push you on the swings?"

Misaki made a weird face. "I guess I don't want to be alone anymore and that seems so cheesy not to mention cringe."

Takumi shrugged. People in the movies usually found it romantic so he decided to try it with Misaki. 

"It's the typical dancing in the rain or the couple kissing at a firework display..."

"I can see what you mean. Plus Misaki for a girl like you a guy needs to be creative and find out what you really like," He explained. "I wouldn't expect you to jump up for joy at certain things."

"Is that a bad thing?" Misaki wondered curiously. Did guys prefer girls who fall for the simplest things? Wasn't the cliche surprises overrated?

"No, it makes you special."

"You're such a charmer aren't you Usui? Making me feel li-"

"Really?" Takumi interrupted curiously. A smirk now formed on his face. "I really seem to affect your emotions a lot."

Misaki blushed and faked a cough. "I-I was saying made me feel like- just leave me, alone idiot."

"It's okay Misaki I know what you wanted to say," He winked.

"What? I have no feelings for you Takumi!" Misaki reminded him yet again.

"Whatever you say Misaki. I can feel your denial," He said trying to annoy her even more. It brought him pleasure seeing her flare up and try to hold herself back from tapping his mouth up possibly.

"As if you would make me feel something...." Misaki paused when she saw Takumi staring at her without saying a word. He then proceeded to in closer towards her as they were sitting down. "What are you doing?" She questioned leaning backward slightly.

Takumi smiled that charming, make your knees weak smile of his. "Do I really not make you feel anything Misaki?" He asked in a deep voice.

Misaki gulped. Why was he doing all of this to ask her a simple question? She already answered yes. Wait, no. She said no!

"Why are you shaking Misaki? What are you scared of?" Takumi leaned in close to Misaki's ear to whisper. "Too bad I can't make you feel anything."

Misaki's eyes widened when she felt his breath against her skin. Misaki roughly pushed him away from her.

"Of course I'll feel something you i-idiot! I'm a man and you're a woman," Misaki immediately slapped her forehead. "I mean I'm a woman and you're a man."

Takumi chuckled fondly at how adorable she looked right now. "I see."

"Let's go home Takumi," Misaki told him picking up her items to leave.

"Sure thing sir," He joked.

"I will end your life Takumi."

The smile never left Takumi's face as he suddenly took Misaki's hand into his own to lead her home. Misaki surprisingly did not pull away but remained silent. She stared at Takumi as he lead the way.

I don't understand him one bit.

A/N: Our lives tomorrow, Innocent Romance Thursday.