Keep It Undercover

"What?" Everyone shouted in shock.
"Arianne's father is after us!" Ezra repeated more quietly.
"See! I told you those imperials couldn't be trusted!" Zeb cried.

Ezra turned the volume down on the communicator and checked once more to make sure sure the door was locked. Afterwards, he returned his attention to his crew.

"Ezra, you need to be careful!" Sabine warned him. "One wrong move and you could be caught by the Empire! And just to let you know, in Coruscant, if you're caught, there's only one way in and no way out!"
"Thanks for the help," Ezra sarcastically muttered.
"Listen, Ezra, for your safety, we need you to stay as far away from Arianne as possible," Kanan said.
"Don't you think it would be kind of weird that I just suddenly stop talking to her?" Ezra asked.
"He's got a point," Hera reluctantly agreed.

Kanan thought as Ezra laid back in his bed. He didn't want to leave Arianne like he was. It was just like his parents. His parents were with him for all his life and were very close. Then slowly as the day they were taken away approached, they became more isolated from Ezra. And all the sudden, they were gone. Just. Like. That.

"Ezra, besides all of your problems with your girlfriend, we needed --" Sabine said.
"What?" Ezra sat up suddenly. "Arianne's not my girlfriend."
"Are you sure?" Zeb asked to nettle Ezra even more.
"Yes! I'm very sure!" Ezra nearly shouted. "So what did you guys want to tell me?"

Sabine nudged Kanan and he cleared his throat. Ezra could see the look on their faces; either something really bad happened or they're going to tell him something he doesn't want to know.

"We're going on a mission," Kanan finally said.
"Without me?" Ezra's jaw dropped.
"Well we're not going to sit around and wait for you! We still need to save up on some credits," Sabine told him.

Ezra threw himself back onto his pillow. Could this day get any worse?, he thought to himself.

"Ezra, we need to get ready for tomorrow. We might not be able to contact you tomorrow night, so good luck at school!" Hera said.
"Okay...," Ezra sighed.
"Oh! And Ezra, keep it undercover," Sabine said.

The communicator ended the call and Ezra threw the small metal object onto his desk. He stared up at the ceiling and then out at the imperial city. It was late. Who knew what trouble Tarkin and the Inquisitor had planned for them? He didn't want to think about it. He liked Xenon, Kazi, and Arianne, but he also didn't want to lie to them. He specifically didn't want to hurt any one. How did he do this so easy at the imperial academy?

****

"Dash! Dash, wake up!" Xenon shouted as he shook Ezra violently.
"What?" Ezra moaned.
"Class is starting in five minutes!" Kazi exclaimed.

Ezra's eyes shot open. Kazi and Xenon gasped. Ezra looked at them. Why were they staring at him?

"Um...Dash, why are your eyes blue?" Kazi asked.

Ezra looked into the reflection of the glass and mentally cursed himself. Way to keep it undercover Dash!, Ezra thought. He had to come up with a quick lie, or at least get them off his back.

"I wear contacts," Ezra said as he pulled himself out of bed.
"You do?" Xenon looked at Ezra.
"Yea," Ezra sighed as he rushed to grab his clothes. "I'll be in class in just a second. Go ahead without me!"

****

"Arianne!" A girl squealed from across the room.

Arianne turned to her right and saw a red-haired girl racing towards her. Rosa Kallus. Rosa was Arianne's best friend. She was one of Arianne's only friends.