Demanding Deals

Arianne stepped down the ladder as she was called again for dinner. By a different family. She dried her tears and walked into the kitchen where everyone was.

"It's dinner time," Hera told Arianne as she stood in the hallway.
"Um...I'm not that hungry," Arianne quietly said.
"Are you sure?"
"Yea. I had something earlier."
"Okay."

Arianne retreated to her room she shared with Sabine and laid on her bed, staring at the graffiti paintings. Ezra sat at the table slowly eating his food. He was wondering why Kanan didn't support his relationship with Arianne. He was just rebuilding his life. He has a family. And now, he has a girlfriend. He wasn't sure why Kanan didn't approve of Arianne.

"Ezra, is everything alright?" Kanan asked.
"Um...yea everything's fine," Ezra continued to eat.
"If this is about your relationship, I just giving you advice for the future."
"Well...thanks...I guess."

****

As days passed, Arianne and Ezra were quite isolated. They rarely talked and interacted with everyone. Sabine noticed and wanted to talk to Arianne. She was hoping this didn't have to do with Kanan's "advice". Arianne was depressed and Ezra was confused. Sabine, one morning, entered the cockpit where Hera was. The doors closed behind her and she took a seat. Hera acknowledged her and faced her.

"Hey Sabine! What's going on?" Hera asked.
"I'm concerned about Arianne and Ezra. Ever since we got back from the battle, they haven't talked to each other in a long time. Do you think Kanan's 'advice' wasn't...good?"
"Well...Ezra and Arianne haven't been arguing, I know that."
"I wonder what happened between them."
"Maybe they just want some alone time."

Sabine sighed.

"Well...it's just...Arianne hasn't eaten very much in the past few days. She's probably only eaten a small lunch. Yesterday she didn't eat anything," Sabine said.
"Well...why don't you talk to her?" Hera asked.
"I can't find her anywhere. It's like she disappeared!"
"Why don't you look around the ship? I'll find Ezra and talk to him."
"Okay."

Sabine stood up and began to walk around the ship. The ship was like a maze. Sabine looked everywhere. However, she hadn't looked at The Phantom yet. Although it was strange for anyone to be up there, besides to chase away TIEs, Sabine still decided to go up there. And as she did, she heard the faint sound of crying. Sabine quickened her pace and found Arianne.

"Arianne!" Sabine exclaimed.

She looked up and saw Sabine. She was startled and embarrassed.

"Arianne, do you want to talk about something?" Sabine asked.

All Arianne did was hug Sabine. Sabine hugged her back and comforted her. They pulled away and took a seat.

"I feel so stupid!" Arianne continued to cry.
"Why?" Sabine asked.
"I was tricked by my own parents! And somehow, I miss them! I don't like what they've done, but I still love them!"
"Arianne, I went through exactly what you went through. It's hard. You can talk to me."
"But it's not just that."
"What else is bothering you?"
"Well...I chose to run away from them. I chose do to this, and I want to. But for him.... His parents were taken away from him. He's loved through everything for eight years! It's just...he still has the heart to help me and encourages me. I don't see how he still does that, even after everything he's done and been through!"

Sabine thought for a moment.

"I guess he really likes you then," Sabine said.
"But I don't see what he likes about me," Arianne sighed.
"Arianne...in the week I've known you, I can tell you that you're beautiful, talented, adventurous, and have a great sense of art!"