What Goes Up, Must Come Down

Arianne brought Ezra back to the hospital and nurses treated him. He was cut deep. Physically and mentally. As he was taken away, Arianne sadly watched and tears began to pour out of her eyes. Moments after, Dr. Ingle came to talk to her after seeing Ezra. She was so upset and distraught that Dr. Ingle had to calm her. She explained to Dr. Ingle that she felt like Ezra was a different person. As Dr. Ingle listened, he waited patiently for her to stop talking. They stood up and made their way to the lobby to talk more.

"So, what's the cause of all of this?" Arianne asked as Dr. Ingle and talked in the lobby of the hospital.
"We just ran tests and," he said as he reached to wave to someone behind her, "he just has some form of stress."
"Stress?"
"He seems to have some past events that had completely changed his life. I'm guessing that a recent event, such as separation, could have resulted in this stress due to the similarity of a past event."
"What recent event could have caused this?"
"Well, according to you and some of the other members of the crew, Ezra has been abandoned and separated. I figured the separation between you and Ezra could've triggered something. Besides, you both knew that you could be separated."
"That's true...and we did stay in his old house."
"There you go!"

Arianne silently nodded as they walked up some stairs.

"It's nothing serious," Dr. Ingle said as he and Arianne walked around the hospital.
"So what should we do to help him?" Arianne inquired as she looked back at the hospital room the crew was in.
"Well, you'll just need to give him some time."
"What else can I do to help him?"
"You can spend time with him. You can love him. You can be there for him. Make him happy."
"Thanks."
"You're welcome Arianne. I'm actually in a bit of a rush right now. I have to operate on someone soon."
"Thanks and good luck."

Arianne watched as Dr. Ingle left her. She stood on the second level of the hospital and walked over to the edge, covered by a glass railing. She leaned on it and looked down at everyone. We won't be separated anymore..., Arianne happily thought.

****

"Can I come in?" Arianne inquired as she was just outside the crew's room.
"Sure," Sabine said quietly.

Arianne pulled back the curtain and looked around. There were two empty spots to Arianne's surprise.

"Oh, it's just you," Zeb moaned.
"Where is he?" Arianne inquired.
"Dr. Ingle is going into surgery to help Kanan. He said once he does this surgery, he'll wake up soon," Hera replied.
"And what about the other one?"
"He's on another level getting some more blood. The cut was too deep."
"Oh okay."
"Wait! Why didn't you tell us?"
"Excuse me?" Arianne turned around.
"Why didn't you tell us that Ezra was stressed or having visions?"
"I didn't know."
"Bullshit! He told us you guys kept it from us!"
"Woah!" Sabine intervened. "Stay calm, Hera. Let's be honest. We all knew something was up with Ezra! It's not just Arianne's fault. You noticed a difference, I did, Arianne did, and Zeb especially! We just didn't tell each other. We all could've saved him a little earlier."
"But you knew the most," Hera looked at Arianne.
"Maybe so. But I didn't know everything and I'm not any less deceived than you are."

Arianne then angrily left the crew.

****

Arianne searched the hospital for Ezra, and when she finally found his private room, she ran in. The room was quite vacant. There were a few chairs, a bathroom, a bed, a radio, and a television. She saw Ezra and took a seat in a chair next to him and waited for him to say something. She saw the blood flow into him from an intravenous.

"Who is it?" Ezra asked.
"Arianne," she simply said back.

There was a slight moment of silence in the room between them.