II

Katsuki got into his position on the court.

He knew how the team worked. He knew that Daichi, Sugawara and Asahi were the core of the team.

The stability.

And he knew exactly who to use in order to break them.

———————————

He was starting in front court, but since there were only three people on each side of the net, all of them were going to receive the serve.

Asahi started his approach, jumping high, slamming the ball full force right in his direction.

Effortlessly moving to intercept the ball, Katsuki faces the other two on his team, calling out his setters name already in the air, ready for the ball. Glancing slightly at he surprised faces around the gym.

"Kageyama!"

Kageyama raced to the net jump setting the player he had looked up to for most of his middle school career, already trusting him to hit his king set.

"Tomura!"

BANG!

...

...

And just like that, they had scored the first point of the match.

——————————————

"I want Kageyama and Nishinoya on my team" Katsuki stated with a smirk.

Daichi and Suga were mildly impressed, he'd chosen the two players that would compliment his playing style the most without even knowing their positions and skills.

Oh the power of observation. (And the internet)

Katsuki called his makeshift team into a huddle before the game started. Glancing at his two teammates, one looking at him in awe, the other just happy to play.

"You're Tomura Katsuki!" Kageyama was having a hard time breathing, practically hyperventilating. He was looking at his idol. About to play with his idol. And he looked even more fucking beautiful up close. "Y-you played on the Brazilian national team! I looked up to you my whole middle school career! You! You're here! In the Karasuno gym! Playing with me!"

"...."

"WAIT! You were on the national team" Noya started hyperventilating as well.

"Broski's chill, I'm here now," Katsuki started, before grinning wildly. Giving them a glimpse of his true personality. The goofy, meme lord one that was covered by arrogance and a cold mask. This grin Kageyama had only ever seen on TV when his favourite play was about to go hardcore. "Let's fucking thrive and dominate this shit, they aren't getting any points. Both sets 25 to 0, or I'll be disappointed as fuck."

That exact moment was when Nishinoya knew.

Deep in his heart.

That Tomura Katsuki was gonna be the best thing that ever happened to him.

That was also the moment Kageyama realized he wasn't so straight anymore.

"AYE AYE CAPTAIN!" Was heard throughout the gym, everyone around looking at them questioningly.

And with that, cool background music started playing as Katsuki and his two now ride or dies, walked on the court.

—————————————————

They won both sets obviously, both with astounding leads, 25-2 and 25-3.

All of those points coming from Nishinoya's sorry attempts at serving.