Chapter 2

XxXWeAsHumanXxX: Ramen is sooo good... I do NOT own Naruto! If I did, SasuNaru would be canon!

---------

Naruto's POV:

        The bowl of oatmeal steamed on my beside table.

        "I wish I had some ramen..." I looked at it sourly.

        "Naruto, you have to eat it, to build up your strength." Shikamaru sighed and moved the black pawn a space forward. "It's unhealthy, and your not allowed to eat ramen."

        "I don't see why not," I jutted my bottom lip out in a pouting manner. "I'm dying anyways." Shikamaru's shoulders stiffened and he rubbed his temples.

        "Naruto, ramen has 2,858 mg of sodium, and consuming too much sodium can increase a person's risk of heart failure, osteoporosis, stroke, high blood pressure, and heart disease."

        "Fine, fine I get it. I still don't see why I can't eat it though." I looked at the chess board and moved my horse. The pineapple-haired nin took down my white horse with his bishop.

        Outside my hospital window, which is locked so pink haired ninjas don't open it, the rain drizzled at a light pace and the wind blew the branches of the tree lightly against my window.

---------------

        After a one-sided chess match, Shikamaru checkmated me with little casualties in his part.

        "I swear, your cheating!" Shikamaru rolled his eyes and bit into an apple that was in a fruit basket besides my bed. A hawk pecked against the window.

        "This is such a drag..." He stood and pulled on his vest.

        "The Hokage's summoning me. See you, Naruto." I gave him a lazy wave and a small smile, which was slightly turned into a grimace from a sudden sharp pain in my chest.

        "I'll be here... Tell Tsunade-baa-chan I said hi." He nodded and closed the white door behind him.

        The chess board rested on a foldable table besides me with my white king toppled over.

------------

        After Satou finished my injections, a green haired nurse came into the room with a wheel chair in tow.

        "Hello, Naruto. How are you feeling?" I opened my blue eyes and looked at her with an annoyed expression on my face.

        At the moment, my chest was throbbing in a painful manner.

        "Fine..." She gave me a wide, if slightly forced, smile as she rolled her chair closer.

        "Well, I thought since your birthday is in two days, I could roll you outside a bit." I looked at my thin legs that could barely hold my weight anymore. I've only been in the hospital for a month and some days now, yet my legs are practically all bone.

        "Okay..."

        She assisted me into the wheel-chair, clipped some of my medical equipment to the chair, and places a heavy quilt over my shoulders.

        When we finally checked out, the scent of rain and dirt filled my nose. The rain had stopped, but the dirt was still moist and the leaves where still dripping. The hospital always smelled of disinfectant, and looking at the same four white walls for weeks was starting to irritate me.

        Sakura was approaching the hospital entrance with two vibrant sunflowers in her possession when she spotted the nurse and I.

        "Hello Hana-san." I assumed that was the name of the nurse.

        "Oh, Sakura! I haven't seen you for some time, how are you?"

        "I'm good, are you walking Naruto?" I gritted my teeth, but kept my expression neutral. She was talking as if I was being walked like a dog...

        "Yeah, since his birthday is in two days and all." Sakura looked shocked.

        "Really? That soon?"

        "So Sakura?" I cut into their conversation. "What brings you here?" The pink haired ninja seemed to suddenly remember my presence.

        "Oh!" She gestured towards the two sunflowers in her possession. "I was about to stop by your room, but your already out." She trained her green eyes on the nurse. "Do you mind if I walk him around?"

        "Of course not!" Sakura handed her the flowers.

        "And can you take these to his room?"

        "No problem. It was nice seeing you again, Sakura." Hana walked back into the hospital and Sakura replaced her behind the wheel chair.

        After a few moments of silence, Sakura spoke.

        "How are you feeling?" An irritated expression crossed my face. I'm sick of people asking me this god damn question. My chest ached and I clutched my shirt.

        "I'm fine." The passing tree's branches swayed in the wind and sprinkled me with water. I shivered slightly and pulled the quilt closer to me.

        "Have..."

        "Hmm?" I turned my head to face her. Her forehead was scrunched and she was frowning slightly. Sakura met my quizzical blue eyes.

        "Have you seen Sasuke-kun recently?" She timidly put her head down.

        "Sasuke? No, no I haven't... Why?" She looked away at anything and everything else.

        "Nothing important." She stopped the wheelchair near a pond. The water gently waved with the wind and the area surrounding the pond was thick with mud.

        Sakura sat on a bench and gently rubbed her belly in a soothing manner. She put her head into her hands and sighed.

        "There's actually something I have to tell you too..." She trailed off and gazed at the pond.

        "What's up?"

        "The reason I've been so avid about finding Sasuke-kun recently.... Is because---

--------------

XxXWeAsHumanXxX: Thanks for reading! I just ordered pizza, so I'm going to eat it! Byeeeee! :33

This chapter is dedicated to:

 imchigon

 Thanks for reading and voting!