Chappy 12

XxXWeAsHumanXxX: Okie! A short chappy, yes, but it's a chapter! I was going to make this A LOT longer, but I'm currently overwhelmed with schoolwork. *bows* sowwy!

Dedicated to my forever senpaiiiii: hentaianimemaniac101

**TRIGGER WARNING FOR COCKASHI'S POV**

⊙ω⊙ω⊙ω⊙
Naruto's POV:

"Don't you have anything better to do?" I crossed my arms stubbornly and glared daggers out of the window. The clouds were a dark grey, nearly black in color, yet the rain refused to fall.

"No. Not really." The red haired man sat in the plastic seat at the foot of the bed, crossing his legs.

"Really?" I made a sarcastic grunt and turned to face him, my eyebrow raised in a cocky fashion. "You couldn't be protecting the village like you're suppose to do? Or do paperwork? Anything?"

"I've completed my paperwork in advance, and I left Temari in charge, while Kankuro is handling affairs." I rolled my eyes and turned to the glass again. "Naruto. What's up with you?" I huffed and clenched my teeth from a wave of pain.

"Nothing important. Just laying in bed, wasting away." My callous, bitter tone made him flinch.

"Come on! This isn't like you. I'm sure they'll find a cure for... whatever this is. Soon. you'll be getting your clean bill of health." I shook my head slowly and turned to face him yet again, my face blank of emotion.

"No. Soon, I'll be dead.

"I always pictured myself going out in a blaze of glory. A hail of Kunai... Blades piercing my vitals...

"But this kind of death... This slow, invisible... disappearing into nothing... It's terrifying." I tilted my head down, making my bangs shadow my face. "I'm going to sleep." I sagged into the pillow and pulled the covers over my head like a child; hiding from him.

"Naruto." I closed my eyes tight, and pretended to snore softly. "Idiot..." Suddenly, the blanket was ripped from my grasp and tossed to the side. "I'm not done speaking with you." My eyes were wide, and I nodded obediently; too shocked to protest.

"Now," Gaara returned to his seat. "where were we." He gave me a grin, if a slightly predatory one.

+

+

Kakashi's POV:

I've found it easier to keep busy... To keep my mind off everything. To not think.

B class, A class, A class, C class.... Over and over. I don't want to think. I don't want to think. I have to keep busy. I don't want to think about Him. Him dying, him not achieving his goal. Him never becoming Hoka--

I attempted to stop my train of thoughts after I nearly tripped on a branch. Pull yourself together. You're on a mission.

My Client gazed over, worry evident on his features.

"Are you sure that you're a Jounin?" My eyes flashed to him momentarily, before I returned my gaze ahead.

"Positive." My deadpanned tone seemed to catch him off guard as he faltered, nearly stumbling. Yoshibe, my client, grumbled slightly before he fell silent once more.

I've come to dread silence. The silence gives you too much time to think. To think about becoming Hokage shortly because He's not able too. To think about these bastards that are taking advantage of His condition. His terminal illness. About the night His illness became known. Seeing Sakura cry... Seeing Sasuke's eyes glaze over in despair...