Chapter 5

XxXWeAsHumanXxX: Damn you log...

I do NOT own Naruto, and thanks for reading! I didn't proof read the last but of the chapter btw... I'm too lazy. (^_^)

---------------

Naruto's POV:

        The individual blades of grass under my feet tickled slightly as I slowly stumbled along the dirt path.

        I chuckled lowly. Those stupid nurses will never find me here. The terrain smeared mud against my pale, boney feet, leaving a dark contrast.

        The early morning sun was steadily rising above the hill of children's park I was currently inhabiting. A spare squirrel or two would scamper against the muddy terrain and gracefully leap from tree to tree.

        The birds chirped a peaceful tune as they awoke from their slumber and stretched their wings to take flight.

        I leaned against the rough back of a tree, the sun gently shining against my cheeks. The orange sky contrasted with the dark night that was currently retreating.

        I twirled a blade of grass in my fingertips and smiled at the sheer simplicity in this situation.

        "Heh. Stupid Satou and those nurses are probably looking for me right now..." I folded my hands behind my head.

        The wind softly brushed my face and caused the trees to sway softly.

        "Oi, Naruto-baka..." I looked up to the masculine voice.

        He walk slowly up to me, his white furred companion trailing close behind him. His wild brown hair swayed along with the wind and his face stretched into a wide grin.

        "What're you doing here Kiba?" He stopped a few meters in front of me.

        "I'm part of the tracker nin assigned to find your rebellious ass." I grumbled lowly.

        "I thought it would've taken you awhile longer to find me..."

        "Not with Akamaru and I. We can smell you a mile away!"

        Dammit... I crossed my arms stubbornly.

        "I don't want to go back yet." Kiba rolled his brown eyes.

        "I know you don't, but you have to." I gritted my teeth

        "I hate being in that hospital! I understand that I'm dying and I have to be hospitalized,, but why do I have to be cooped up in that damn place until I kick the bucket?" I dug my fingers into the mud.

        "You don't have a choice..." I growled.

        "What am I?! Some animal that you all can keep confined!?" Kiba's face contorted from a relaxed and peaceful expression into an angry and hurt one.

        "Why would you think that?! We're just trying to keep you safe."

        "Well Stop." I stood quickly and my knees shook, and I struggled to walk away with whatever dignity I had left.

        "Naruto..." I felt a sharp stinging sensation in my neck. "I'm sorry it had to come to this." He returned the syringe to his pouch and picked me up. I struggled to keep consciousness.

        The last thing I remember is the bird overhead, singing a mournful tune as it soared overhead.

----------------