Chapter 8

XxXWeAsHumanXxX: Welcome to chapter eight! I do not own Naruto! I didn't edit this BTW.

This chapter is dedicated to:
Uchiha_Kiiroi
Thanks for reading!

---------------------

Sakura's POV

I washed my hands in the hospital bathroom, and began to walk back to Naruto's room.

Dozens of nurses were surrounding his door, and I struggled to pass them. When I finally could peer into the door, I saw Naruto standing and a women, who appeared to be in her early fifties and had greying hair, holding a kitchen knife to the blond's neck.

Tears streamed down her cheeks, and her hands were shaking. The nurses closest to her held up her hands in a peaceful manner, but the nurse had a slightly panicked look in her eyes.

"M-miss? I know you don't want to do this..." The women shook her head violently.

"Shut up! All of y'all!" She held the knife a little more firmly. "I'm doin' all y'all a favor!"

Below her, Naruto had a slightly confused, slightly irritated look on his face. His bony arms were confined behind his torso by the women, and he was gritting his teeth.

The nurse took a small, hesitant step forward.

"You don't want to do this! No one wants this!" She took another step, "I know that you're scared... We can help you!"

The woman sneered and more tears rolled down her cheeks, splattering onto Naruto's shoulder.

"This monster killed my husband!" She smiled a little. "I've been plannin' on doin' this for a while now...." She pressed the knife slightly, and a small stream of blood trailed from the fresh wound. "And now.... I can finally get my revenge!"

-------------------

Flashback in Naruto's POV

Sakura gave me an embarrassed look.

"I have to use the restroom..." I rolled my eyes.

"Again?" She pouted slightly and stood from the stool slowly, careful not harm her protruding stomach.

"It's not my fault, blame Saskue-Junior." She paused by the door. "I'll be back soon." I nodded and shooed her away.

"Yeah, yeah." Sakura shut the door behind herself, and I leaned back into my pillow.

In the hallway, I heard lots of shouts and stuff breaking. I rose from my bed curiously and approached the door.

Before I could open the door, it shot open and slammed into the wall.

In the entrance way, a women with greying hair and a crazed look in her eyes stood, panting heavily. She took hold of my wrists and twisted them behind my back while simultaneously holding a kitchen knife to my throat.

"Move, and I won't hesitate to kill you."

The nurses started crowding the door.

"Get back! I'll kill 'im!" They reluctantly retreated, but didn't leave the vicinity.

The women was shaking and her tears cascaded down her swelled eyes and onto my shoulder.

"I'll kill you, you monster!" She whispered to me, causing me to shiver and relive some painful memories. I haven't been called a 'monster' in quite a while.

One of the nurses took a slow step forward with her hands up in surrender.

"M-miss? I know you don't want to do this." The woman shook her head furiously.

"Shut up! All of y'all! Her hands stopped shaking and she pressed the blade more firmly to my skin, but not enough to draw blood. "I'm doin' y'all a favor!"

What does she want from me??

"You don't want to do this! No one wants this!" The nurse took another hesitant step. "I know that you're scared... We can help you!"

The woman tensed behind me.

"This monster killed my husband! I've been plannin' on doin' this for a while now..." She pressed the blade more firmly to my neck, drawing a small stream of blood. I hissed quietly. "And now... I can finally get my revenge!"

--------------------

Back to the present, still in Naruto's POV!

I squirmed slightly in her hold.

"Don't move! I swear! I'll slice your throat!" I saw a pink head in the crowd. Sakura had a worried look on her face and I gave her a reassuring look.

"Ma'am?" I began carefully and I felt her tense."If you were really planning on killing me... You would've done it when you first came in."

"Shut up! What do ya know?! I've waited eighteen years for this!"

"Ma'am, I'm dying. Don't you realize that?!" Her knife relaxed a little from the shock of my statement.

"What are you talking about?!"

"Three months ago, I was diagnosed with a terminal illness. Do you see that you're just wasting your time!" She shook her head back and forth in a desperate manner.

"N-No! I have'ta finish ya myself!" My brows furrowed. The same nurse that has been attempting to calm the woman, stepped forward with a slightly desperate look in her eyes.

"Ma'am, your husband wouldn't want you to do this. He's want you to move in, be happy!"

Behind me, the window opened quietly, as to not alert the widow. The ninja that crept through the window grabbed the knife from her in one quick swipe.

"Ack-!" She was grabbed from behind and torn away from me, causing me to stumble forward. A doctor, who had jut arrived on the scene, caught me and helped me stand.

"S-stop! You don't understand!" The two Anbu preformed the teleportation justu and disappeared from my room.

Sakura made her way through the crowd and enveloped me into a hug.

"Thank Kami (God) your okay!" I patted her back lightly.

The surplus of nurses and doctors dissipated, and Satou remained. He clapped once to gain our attention.

"Alright. I think that's enough excitement for one day." Sakura nodded and stood while giving me a nervous smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow..." She followed Satou out.

"Bye..."

A few moments later, Satou returned to sanitize and bandage my neck, while also giving me my medication and injections. He paused near the door and prepared to switch the lights off.

"Goodnight, Naruto-san." I nodded toward him and burrowed into my covers.

"Night, Satou."

--------------------

XxXWeAsHumanXxX: Oh mah gosh. I'm sooooooooooo tired. I just got a new puppy, ten weeks old, and he can't be alone or he barks. His names CoCo, he's adorable, but he keeps me up ALL night. Bleh.