Chapter 1: The Begginning

1st Century AD

A young woman with golden brown pupils and mid-length golden hair, Ava, came running down an alleyway between houses made of stone. She had her charming face hidden by the hood of her long green cloak. The ends of her silver dress sparkling in the moonlight as it peeped out from under her cloak.
                        As the woman trailed down many twisting and turning roads, she came to a stone cottage at the end of a hill. The hill in which a great city layed upon. She walked up to the wooden door, glancing at her surroundings before lightly tapping on the door.
                        The thick wooden door squeaked as it opened.
Revealing a young man with dirty blond hair, curly at the top. He had chiseled defiant facial fetures and dark amber eyes.
                        Some would mistake this man for a god.

                                        "Silas."
                                        "Ava."
                                        "I have made my decision. I would rather be with you, darling, than become the next Luna Traveller. I had just came from visiting Qetsiyah. She has already made the immortal elixir. We can take it together, darling, before you marry her. We can live together. Forever and happily in love."

The young woman had said to the god-like man before her. Eyes beaming with love, hope, and lust.
                                        "Silas, my love, who is at the door?"
                        A
young brunette came walking up behind the man. Her hair was ruffled yet she was still beautiful. Although not as beautiful as the woman in the green cloak.
                        Looking at the two woman you could see similar features. Definitely, giving off the fact that the two where related. 
                        But they weren't just related. They where twins. Maternal Twins.
                                        "Amara?"
                        The beautiful woman tried to play a questioning look but anyone could see the heartbreak look in her eyes.
                                        "Um... Sister. I. Ava. I am. I am so sorry but Silas and I---"
                                        "I get it."
                        The cloaked woman, named Ava, said. Heart break, betrayal, and anger obvious in her eyes.
                                        "Sister. I am--"
                                        "Don't Amara. I get it. Silas does not want me. And you do not care for how I feel. You selfishly took what I cared for the most."

A tear trickled down Ava's cheek silently. Her sister, Amara, looked sorrowful as she saw the sorrow and betrayal on her dear sisters charming face.
                                        "Ava--"
                                        "No, Amara. You two have a lovely life together for eternity."
                        Ava than ran her way back through the alleyways. Tears flowing freely from her face.
                        She ran until she came up to a similar stone cottage. Knocking rapidly on the wooden door, she quickly wiped the tear that was flowing down her cheek.
                        The door open wide to reveal a young woman. Although she looked a few ages older than the twins.
                                        "Ava, darling, what is wrong? What happened?"
                        The woman reached out to Ava and led her inside the stone home, arms wrapped around her shoulders. The woman led Ava to a chair and sat her down, then sat down in the chair next to her.
                                        "Tell me what happened, darling."
                        Ava let out a quiet sob and then wiped the tears from her cheeks, before looking at the woman.
                                        "Amara... Silas.... Avangeline, they saw each other behind my back. Amara knew how much I loved him, yet she goes off with him. After everything I have been through, and she helped me. After she saved me from my father."

Ava lets out another sob and wraps her hands wrap around the woman, named Avangeline, burring her head into the creek of the woman's neck. Avangeline wraps her arms around the small of Ava's back with a pitty look on her face. She always considered Ava as her own daughter. She could never have children of her own. Besides Ava's real mother, Cara, never really cared for Ava. Cara would let her father beat Ava while she stood there watching. The only thing Cara cared about Ava was her power, and with the Luna Witch coronation coming up, seeing as Ava was the most powerful witch in Greece, Ava's mother was more harsh and loathing than ever. All she cared for was the Luna Witch title and Amara. Since Cara couldn't have the title and Ava was the BIG witch, she would make her daughter take the position. As for Amara, she was pure human, skipped on the witch gene. Her mother actually loved Amara. Said that Amara reminded her of herself. That was the truth for sure.
                        Avangeline squeezed Ava a bit tighter before making her look her in her eyes.
                                        "Now. Ava Mercedes Petrova. Do not fret. How must you think Qetsiyah will feel when she learns of Amara, her handmaiden, and Silas, her fiancé, courting?"
                        Avangeline winked at her so-called-daughter. 
                        Suddenly, all the sorrow and betrayal washed from Ava's face as she got the hint. Ava stared blankly at Avangeline, a smirk playing at the corner of her lips, a cunning look wiping over her face.