Chapter 30: The Day That Loses It All

Little did I know today would be the day I lose everything.

A gasp of breath is drawn into my lungs as the events from before flood through me. Sitting up, I look around the empty room and noticed everyone is gone. Elena's chair and blood bags still remain on the floor. Tyler is no where in site. Niklaus is gone as well.

Niklaus!

Immediately, I shot up with a bolt of panic and searched throughout the home.

"Niklaus!" I looked in the kitchen.

"Nik! You better not be hiding!" I looked in the study and several rooms next to it.

"Niklaus, I am getting worried!" I looked through all of the remaining rooms of the lower floor. Zooming up the stairs, I search through every nook and cranny that could fit a man the size of Niklaus. Yet, there was still no Nik.

My heart began to pump louder. My senses began to go haywire. Where is Nik? Has Alaric taken him? Has Alaric killed him? He couldn't have. It was daylight outside. Alaric was trapped. Then who could it have been? Was it the Coven? No, they wouldn't have taken him after granting me more time. Then, it must have been Alaric. Mustn't it? I need to find him.

Without taking up any valuable time, I speed into my room and take my phone off the charger, looking for the one person I can call -- Elijah. Several rings flow through my ear, when he finally decides to pick up.

"Ava, how has my brother been treating you?" Elijah spoke in a calming tone.

"Elijah!" I panicked. "I need your help. I need you here now. It's Niklaus. He has gone missing. I am afraid that Alaric has taken him, possibly even hurt him."

"Ava, Ava, calm down. I will be on my way, and then you can explain everything to me" Elijah attempts to comfort me. "I will be there in twenty minutes. You are at the manor, I presume?"

"Yes, please hurry." I beg before ending the call. As I wait, I decided to call Rebekah and Kol to plead for them to come back. I cannot do this on my own. We need the whole family. Forever and always.

The more I waited for Elijah and Rebekah, the more my blood began to boil. The more I could feel the red trying to push through my eyes. I was getting anxious. It felt like the walls where caving in. I needed air. I needed to breathe. I need Niklaus.

Suddenly, the front door burst open and I speedly race down the stairs to come face to face with Elijah. Running towards him, tears building in my eyes, I take him into a hug.

"Elijah! I am so glad you are here. We need to hurry. Your mother... she... she turned Alaric into an immortal vampire that is as strong as we are. She sent him after Niklaus and the rest of you. Alaric is going to kill him, Elijah. We tried to kill him, but he will not die unless Elena dies. He cannot walk in the sun, so I am not entirely sure if it was Alaric." I rushed out the shortest explanation that I could give. Elijah pulled my arms from around his waist, and made me look into his eyes.

"Then it is Elena who we will pay a visit to first. Maybe she may know what happened?"

"Then it is there we shall go." I spoke in a hurry out the front door.

******

Elijah and I where walking our way towards Elena's door. On the way here, I had explained everything that has happened since he left. I explained his mother's actions, the fights, the make-ups, everything. I could not leave a detail out if we where to find Niklaus.

Elijah rapped on the door, and we where soon met with Elena dearest face. Elijah pushed through her and into the home. Seeing as I have still not been invited in, I waited as patiently as I could at the door frame.