Chapter 22: Realization

"So...... I have something to tell you." Rebekah stood in front of me as she admired her dress in the mirror.

"What is it?" I took a sip of bourbon from the glass my servant had brought to me. Yes, I do have servants. If we -vampires and hybrids- have the ability to compel, then we might as well use it. Am I right?

"I slept with Damon." I looked up at her guilty face. A small smile graced my face before the laughter kicked in. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because, I knew you would eventually sleep with him." I giggled some more. "It's not a real big shock. There was some definite sexual tension going on between the two of you."

"Wow. You always have to be the Ms. Know-It-All, don't you?" She gruffed, crossing her arm.

"Not always. Besides, I have something to tell you as well." I spoke sheepishly.

"I hope it is much worse than what I said." She mock glared at me.

"I slept with your brother." I whispered loud enough for her to hear.

"Which one?"

"Niklaus."

"Ava!!! You know if the Coven finds out--"

"I know. I know. They will use him against me." I swirled my bourbon in shame. I told Rebekah about the coven on the ride home from almost killing Elena a couple nights. To say she was shocked is an understatement. The only thing she doesn't know is how old I really am and my relations with the Coven/Travellers. I just needed her to know about the Coven so I can have someone to talk too since Kat can't answer my calls. "Bekah, it is so hard. I love him. More than I have anyone else. Can't I just keep our relationship a secret from the Coven?"

"You know that won't work, Ava. They already know about your past with him. If they found you shacking up with my brother, and not bloody murdering Elena, then Niklaus and you are dead." Rebekah spoke, setting a hand on my shoulder.

"Well, at least Elena is the last living Doppelganger. Unless, she has had any children I don't know about." Bekah burst out laughing.

"Please, who would want children with that annoying brat?" We both burst out laughing. Our laughter continued for several more minutes before it died down. "What about Katerina?"

"Katerina had a baby girl, but her daughter never had any children," I informed.

"Then, Elena must really be the last one." Bekah whispered.

"The last one I have to kill, and then I am home free." I whispered with a slight smile. "Free to be with Niklaus."

*****

"Well, well, well, there's our girls." Kol smirked as Bekah and I walked into the study part of the mansion. We tried to step down the steps, but he kept blocking our way.

"Get out of the way, Kol." Bekah warned.

"Out all night. What a scandal, and Ava.... the music was too loud last night. I could not get any sleep. I suppose to overcome the loud moans." Kol wiggled his eyebrows.

"Shut up, Kol, or I will rip your throat out." I growled, my cheeks blushing. He mocked me before turning to Rebekah, and keeping her from getting in.

"I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?" I growled at Kol. He knows full well how Bekah feels about Matt.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing that will come out of it will be your teeth." Rebekah threatened. I chuckled. Boy, have I taught her so well. Niklaus, sitting on the sofa, drawing, started to chuckle as well.