Chapter 12

Y/n's pov:

The day went by and we both spend a lot of time together. It was weird at first as we both were very awkward but then I went with the flow and so did he and we enjoyed our time. We played video games then watched a movie until it was evening.

"Hey, you wanna bake something?" I asked and he quickly nodded. "Sure!" We both got up and went to the kitchen. I pulled out all the ingredients and placed them all on the together. Meanwhile Jace was pulling out the utensils we were going to use. We both looked at each other without saying anything. It was like we were talking through our eyes. "So Cake or cupcakes? Or you wanna bake anything else?" I asked and he started thinking. "Honestly, I'm cool with anything." He smiled and so did I. "Okay cupcakes it is then!" He grinned, which was very new for me but his grin was adorable.

"Ok so first..." He started reading out the recipe while I stood there admiring him. He snapped his fingers in front of me and I flinched as I was so lost in my thoughts. "Where are you?" I let out a nervous laugh before looking at the recipe. "No, I was just thinking that...Last time I baked with someone was my dad. After he left, I use to bake on my own because mom use to be quite busy." He looked down, giving a soft smile. "Well, you are not alone anymore." I smiled at his words. "We." He looked at me, confused. "We?" I nodded at his question. "Because you were alone and so was I but not anymore!" I grinned before looking back at the recipe.

"Yeah, You're right." He smiled while I hummed. We started adding ingredients to the bowl. He was standing in front of the oven, setting it up. I smirked to myself before grabbing a hand full of flour and sneakily going behind him. "set the oven to 180 degree..." He mumbled while I smiled widely before rubbing the flour all over his face. I stepped back laughing loudly. He slowly turned, His eyes closed as they were covered with flour. He huffed and flour flew around. I kept on laughing until I saw him rubbing his eyes. His eyes slowly opened, glaring at me. I stepped back while he stepped forward. His lips formed into a smirk which was enough to tell me that he is going to take revenge now.

I quickly ran away while he grabbed a hand full of flour and running after me. He chased me around the living room until I ran upstairs. I stood by my bedroom door which was right next to the stair case. Not hearing any footsteps, I peeked out. I didn't find Jace there. I slowly and steadily went down, with my eyes darting around. I peeked in the living room and didn't find him there either. Maybe he went to the bathroom to wash off. I thought to myself before going to the kitchen. As I walked in, I felt an arm wrapping around me, pinning me on the wall.

I looked up to find Jace extremely close to me. My face flushed red while my head beat raised. "You thought I gave up?" He smirked as he came closer. Only few centimeters away from me. His arm still wrapped around my waist. I got lost in his brown eyes. Feeling myself drown in them, I felt a hand softly coming in contact with my cheek. He gently and very softly rubbed the flour on my cheek. His hand then went to my other cheek and did the same there. "Now we are even."

Jace's pov:

She was being very childish and I loved this side of her. She ran around the whole living room like a kid. I couldn't help but to smile widely at her behavior. I stood by in the kitchen because I knew she will come there. And when she did, I took the chance and pinned her against the wall. I saw her soft cheeks turning red. God, I wanted to touch those cheeks so badly. As she was left speechless because of my sudden action, I quickly yet softly took my revenge. "Now we are even."  Her cheeks were definitely soft. I felt myself losing myself in her eyes. She had that beautiful spark in her eyes which made me feel so weak. I felt myself leaning in, my eyes moving from her eyes and landing on her soft cherry lips.

I felt her eyes on my lips as well, which gave me some confidence to lean in further. I felt her breath hitting my lips. I slowly closed my eyes and I felt her do that same. Just when our lips were going to meet, We quickly pulled away at the sound of her phone. I cleared my throat and she did the same before going to the get her phone. I was smiling like an idiot. Mentally cursing at the phone and the caller. "Hello?" "Oh hey!!! Yeah I'm free. When? Tomorrow night? Hmmm I don't know...Ok ok I'll come." She was talking but then our eyes met. I quickly looked away feeling my heart beat increase once again. "Is it ok if I bring a friend with me?" She asked before looking away from me.

"Thanks! See you then!" She ended the call. "Ummm. it was Mark, he said he held a party tomorrow night...Wanna come?" She smiled shyly before playing with her fingers. "No thanks." She looked at me with a confused look. "Why not?" I sighed. "I don't like parties. You know that. And I don't like Mark." "I know you don't like parties but I thought you might wanna go if I was there too. And why don't you like Mark? He is a nice guy." It made me even more mad. "You don't if he being nice or is actually nice. He was a playboy. How can you trust him?" I rolled my eyes. "I know he was a playboy but he changed. He is not like that anymore. Give him a chance." She stared at me with hopeful eyes.

"I won't because I have my reasons. And I don't want you to go either." She scoffed backing away. "And why would I listen to you? If I wanna go I'll go, and if not then I won't. You can't force me to not go." I was taken aback. I could see that she was mad but so was I. "You are not going." I stared at her with a straight face. "Who are you tell me what to do and what not?!" She almost raised her voice. "I said NO! You are not going!" I slammed my hand on the table. She flinched and backed away. Her eyes turned glossy. It broke my heart seeing her like this. But how can I let her go? She means everything to me and I don't want to lose her.

"You are not my boyfriend! You don't own me!" She yelled and left. I felt my heart breaking as her last words kept on repeating in my head.

I messed up big time.