Chapter 4

Y/n's pov:

I don't know what got into me when I saw Jace suffering. I felt the pain somehow and it was weird. I shook off my thoughts and flopped on my bed going through my Instagram. Not after too long I got a call from mom. "Hey mom." I sat up straight. "Hey sweetie. I am so sorry to tell you this but we have to leave for the business trip by tonight. So we are coming back home right now to pack our stuff then we have our flight at 7." I sighed. "It's okay." She hummed. "Thanks sweetie. Oh and did you and Jace eat lunch?"

Shaking my head as a no. "No we just had pancakes. Oh and Jace accidentally cut himself while making his food so I made him pasta." I heard her gasp. "Oh my god! Is he okay?" I hummed. "Yeah. I cleaned his wound and tied it up with a bandage. He is okay now." She sighed. "That's good. We are almost there. K we'll see you then." I hummed and hung up.

Should I tell Jace?...I thought for a while then went to his room. I knocked once and waited. Soon the door opened. "Hey. Mom called and said they have to leave some for their trip tonight. They are coming home right now to pack their stuff... just wanted to let you know." I saw him nod. "Oh and their flight is at 7..." I turned and and walked away.

I went downstairs to eat something since I only had pancakes. While I was looking for a few ingredients I heard the door open. "Hey we are home." My mom rushed inside the house while Mr. Norman closed the door behind. "Hey guys." I waved at Mr. Norman who just looked at me with a smile. "Where is Jace?" He mouthed. I pointed at his room while he passed a giggled and went upstairs.

I went upstairs to see mom. She was packing her bags. "Calm down mom. You have time." I laughed while she rolled her eyes with a chuckle. "You know me." I hummed and sat down. "Sweetie I want you to take care of Jace. He is really quiet and I know he won't ask you for anything even if he wants too." I nodded. "Don't worry mom. We will be fine. I'll try my best to take care of him. You both don't have to worry about anything. And besides he is not a baby." She hummed and sighed. "I know but still." I nodded in reassurance.

"Can I come in?" Mr. Norman peaked his head out of the door frame making us giggle. "Sure." Mom nodded and so did I. "Are you done packing?" Mom hummed. "Yeah almost done." He saw the bag. "Oh and I have told Jace to behave. He won't bother you." I laughed. "It's okay. You guys enjoy your trip." He smiled and I got up to leave.

Jace's pov:

Dad told me to take care of y/n. Like am I her bodyguard or what? I scoffed and kept on watching tv until I heard a knock on my door. "Jace we are leaving." I sighed and got up. Getting downstairs I found y/n and her mom talking while dad was looking in his bag if he has everything.

"Okay guys. We will leave now. Take care of each other and please don't fight." Dad spoke while taking the bags to the car. Y/n hugged her mom while I stayed behind. "Take care." Y/n said and waved them both goodbye. I waved at them as I saw their car getting out of my sight. Getting back in the house I heard y/n lock the door.

*Time Skip*

My stomach was growling. I held it as I thought of going downstairs to eat. I saw y/n already in the kitchen taking out burgers out of the bags. "Hey you are here! Great. I was going to call you. Here I ordered Mcdonald. This bag in yours. I asked your dad what type you meal you like to eat so I ordered that." She smiled and sat down with the burger. "Come on. Dig in." I looked at the bag. She leaves me no choice but my ego would hurt if I accepted this.

"I'll make-" she didn't let me finish and pushed her chair back, aggressively. "Jace stop okay! Will it hurt you to accept anything from me or mom? It's just food. Make yourself something tomorrow. I won't order for you without asking you." She gently placed me down on the chair and placed the bag in front of me.

"Start eating before I feed you." She smiled while I rolled my eyes. I opened the bag and pulled out the burger. As I took a bite, we heard the door bell ring. "Oh it must be Mark." I felt my muscles tense up by his name.

"Hey y/n." I heard him walk inside. "Hey. You wanna join us?" I felt a hand on my shoulder. "No thanks. Yo dude how are you now?" I let out a silent sigh. "Yeah." Was all I said and took a bite of my burger. "Good to hear. So y/n, why did you call me?" Why did she call him? Didn't they already had their dance class earlier today? "I called you cuz I didn't had anything to do so I thought we could finish our steps."

"So you will do me since you don't have anything to do?" I clenched my jaw as he said in a seductive tone. "Keep wishing. Let's go." I heard her scoff and they both left. I heard them laugh for a while until they actually started dancing.

*Time Skip*

It has been an hour and Mark and y/n are still doing their dance. I was in my room but I could hear soft sound of the music coming to my room. I suddenly felt weird. I couldn't understand this feeling.

Not after too long I decided to go downstairs to get water. Definitely not to see what they were up to. I saw them dancing, well basically goofing around. Laugh and giggling. "Mark stop!" Y/n managed to speak while laughing too hard. "Okay okay." They both took a deep breath. "I'll get going now. See you tomorrow. Oh and what are we learning tomorrow?"

"We will see about that. I haven't decided yet. I'll let you know. K?" Mark nodded and hugged y/n. I saw
y/n flinch but she hugged him back. I felt my heart clench seeing them touch each other. "Bye. Bye Jace." Mark left. "When did you come here?" Y/n walked over. "Just now." She hummed. "Well I'm off to bed. Goodnight." She waved and went upstairs to her room.

Why do I feel this way....? She means nothing to me. Then why this weird feeling...?