Chapter 6

Jace's pov:

I woke up as I felt sun light hit my face. With my eyes half open I looked next to me to find y/n sleeping peacefully. Her lips parted while her cheeks were squished. I admired her ethereal features for a while until I realized what I did last night. I hit my head as I remember that I pulled y/n to sleep with me. I gently touched her forehead to check if she caught fever because of me but she was okay. I sighed in relief.

I then saw her shifting then slowly opening her eyes. She was not fully awake. I cleared my throat as she came closer to my face and placed her palm on my forehead to check my temperature. "Are you feeling better now?" Her soft yet raspy morning voice made my heart flutter. I nodded while she hummed. "I-I'm sorry for last night...I shouldn't have made you stay here..." looking down at my hands I heard her giggle.  "It's okay. I am glad I was here to check up on you." Her words made me smile.

I flashed a quick smile and looked away. She got up, rolling her hair up and tying them into a bun. Her exposed neck and collarbone made me feel some type of way. "Wait!..." She stood as she was standing up. She looked at me and hummed, waiting for me to speak further. "Did you...stay up at night because of me?" Keeping a straight face I spoke. She just showed a warm smile. "I had to check your temperature from time to time. But don't worry I slept well." With that she left the room.

She really did stay up late at night for me. Rubbing my temples as I felt a slight pain. I ignored it and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Y/n and her kind gestures didn't leave my mind the whole time. I came out with a towel around my waist as I locked eyes with y/n who stood there with wide eyes. She quickly turned, facing the wall. I chuckled and saw breakfast places on the bed.

Y/n's pov:

I was done making breakfast for both of us and since Jace was not feeling good I thought it would be better if he ate in bed. Placing everything in the tray I went to his room. I peaked in and didn't find him. I heard water falling in the bathroom, thinking he was taking a shower I placed the tray on the bed. As I turned to find Jace standing there with a towel wrapped around his body while his hair dripping wet. His upper body was exposed which showed off his abs. As our eyes met I quickly looked away, feeling my cheeks heat up due to embarrassment.

I heard him chuckle and take a step closer to me. "Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" Quickly turning my head to see him sitting on the without his clothes on, only in a towel. I placed my hands on my eyes as I stood there. "C-Can you please put on a shirt?"
"I'll do it after eating my breakfast. I'm hungry." Feeling my stomach do a flip. I huffed. "Come on eat." I felt his hands on mine as he pulled my hands away from my eyes.

He pulled me and gently pushed me on the bed making me sit. He kept on eating while I was trying to eat other than looking at him. My eyes were glued to my plate whereas Jace glanced at me from time to time chuckling over my embarrassed self.

As we were done eating, I quickly grabbed the tray and left his room. I placed the tray down and held my cheeks which were really hot. "What is happening to me?" I shook off all my nasty thoughts and started doing the dishes. I dried my hands as I made my way to my room. I bumped into Jace on the way. "Oh sorry." Not making eye contact with him I quickly rushed to my room.

Jace's pov:

I held in my laugh as I saw y/n flush pink again as she bumped into me. Feeling myself smirk and went outside since it was weekend. I walked around the block for a while until I got a call from y/n. "Hello?" I stopped walking. "Jace...ummm...Mark just called me and said there is a party over his place next weekend after prom. He wants to know if you can come or not?" I thought for a while. "No I'm not." I hung up right after that.

I don't know why my blood boiled everytime I heard that jerks name. Why does y/n have to be his tutor? Taking a deep breath in I started walking again. This time going back home since it was lunch time. Getting inside the house I closed the door and found y/n in the kitchen. She was done cooking as I walked in the kitchen. "Oh hi. Sit. Lunch is ready." She smiled while placing the plates on the table. I hummed and washed my hands before sitting down. "Oh and mom texted me saying that they care coming back till Friday. So we have prom on Saturday and that same night Mark is throwing a party at his place."

I nodded while eating. "Are you going?" Keeping a straight face I asked. She thought for a while. "I don't know. I have told Mark I'll think about it." She smiled and kept on eating. I really hope she doesn't go to his stupid party.

"I'll do the dishes." I saw her getting up but she stopped as I suggested to do the dishes. "No it's fine." I stood up and grabbed her plate along with mine and walked away. She just looked at me then left the kitchen. She did a lot for me. This was the least I could do to help...