Chapter 8

Y/n's pov:

My eyes widened. I felt my mom slipping out of hands. I quickly held on to her and helped her sit in the chair that was right behind her. My eyes then went to Jace. Who stood there like a lifeless body. I didn't know what to do. Who to go to. The doctor left and went to Mr. Norman again. "Jace." I tried to grab his attention. He looked at me with red teary eyes. His expressionless face ached my heart. "Can you please stay here with mom? I'll be right back." Looking at him with hopeful eyes, I saw him nod. He came to me and held on to mom, who was crying nonstop.

As I went to the reception, I found the doctor coming to me. "I would like to talk to you." I nodded and went inside his room. He sighed before speaking. "I called you out because, I can see your brother and your mom's condition right now." I nodded. "Is there any cure?" He shook his head while my head hanged low. "We can't do anything. He have few months. If you want you can take him home or keep him here. He will be supervised by the nurses. It's up to you."

I thought for a while. "I think it's best if he stays here." He nodded and pulled out a paper filled with details about Mr. Norman's disease.

Jace's pov:

I held on to y/n's mom who was crying the whole time, whereas I was doing the same. "It's all my fault." I heard her speak. I wiped away my tears and bend down to her. "It's not." I spoke looking down. "Yes it is! Only if I didn't enter your life. This wouldn't have happened." She cried and gave a weak smile. For the first time I felt pain in my heart for her. She was not who I thought she was.

This whole time she have been trying so hard to win my heart but I kept on pushing her away. "It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for something you didn't do. Dad have been drinking since forever." She looked at me with sincerity. "I'm so sorry. I couldn't be a perfect mother for you. I know you will never replace your mom with me, even y/n can't replace her dad with anyone. I didn't realize how selfish I was till now." She broke down again.

Not knowing what to do, I held her hands. I didn't know how to make her feel better. Till now I didn't notice this but you can't help two people from falling in love with each other. I know I can never replace my mom with her, but it was not her fault that she liked my dad and cared for him. And same goes for my dad. He loved mom but she did told him to find a new family after her death and that's what he did. I thought dad was being selfish but he couldn't help it.

I now realize how y/n supported her mom. She didn't start any arguments with her regarding this. She always agreed but she didn't replace her dad with my dad. She was respectful to my dad while I was jerk to her mom. Guilt started eating me up on the inside. "Jace..." I heard y/n. She came and gave a weak smile. "Mom Mr. Norman will have to stay here for a while. We can't take him home." Her mom nodded.

"Y/n can I talk to you?" I asked while she nodded. "Mom we will be right back." She nodded and we went to a corner. "Did you meet the doctor?" She hummed. "Jace he doesn't have much time. It's best if he stays here. You can stay with him. It's too risky to take him home." She was right. Anything could happen at home. "Yeah you are right." She nodded. "It's best if you stay with him. We both will visit you everyday." She tapped my shoulder and left.

Y/n's pov:

I got home with mom. She was having a hard time but she was much better now. You tried to get your mom to eat but she didn't eat that well. Only few bites that's all. She walked away, giving a weak smile. I sighed and placed the plates on the counter. I went to my room to change into my sleeping outfit.
I took a shower and came back with my relaxing clothes on. Not after all, I ended up texting Jace.

Me: Hey Jace. Did you eat anything? How is Mr. Norman?

I waited for a while then got a reply back.

Jace: He is still sleeping. I just had a sandwich.

I smiled after I read his reply.

Me: Good! Don't worry, everything will be fine. It will take time but I'm sure Mr. Norman will be alright.

Jace: I hope so too. Thanks.

Me: Don't thank me:) Take care. You should sleep now.

Jace: You too. Bye.

Me: bye~

I sighed and turned my phone off before falling asleep.

*Time Skip*

I woke up as my alarm went off. Rubbing my eyes I got up and grabbed my phone to first see if Jace texted me. He didn't. Maybe he is still sleeping. Today was our last day at college and this Saturday was our prom which is day after tomorrow.

I came out of the shower and dried my hair. As I went downstairs to find my mom packing food. I smiled and hugged her. "Good morning." She smiled and kissed my head. "I'm going to see Jace. You wanna come?" I nodded and grabbed my bag.