Chapter 18

Y/n's pov:

"Can I ask for a favor?" Jen asked. She waited for me to speak but before I could, she spoke again. "I know we haven't been on good terms since middle school. But that's because we all were immature. And for everything I did to you, I would like to apologize." I smiled and she did the same. "I forgave you long time ago but seeing you today reminded me of dad." I looked down and she did the same.

"So you were asking for a favor?" I asked and she looked up. "Yeah...I...ummm...I wanna leave this place so I was hoping if you could help me?" I looked at her with confused expressions for a while. "Why would you wanna leave? And how can I help?" I asked and she smiled. "You know these aren't my biological parents. They adopted me after your dad passed away-" I cut her off and spoke "OUR dad." She gave a weak smile. "I'm not allowed to call him my dad..."

I could see how guilty she was but it wasn't her fault.

"Y/n meet Jen. Your sister." Your dad said. Jen was 6 years old and you were 7. Your mom stood by your dad as he introduced you to Jen. "You wanna play with my doll house?" You asked hesitantly. Jen nodded with a smile and you did the same and took her to your room.

"Do you think they will get along?" Your mom asked your dad. "I think they will." He replied.

Jen was your adopted sister. She was brought home by your dad who found her at a park. Then he legally adopted her and brought her to you. Since you were the only child, you were happy that you had someone to play with you. But when you both grew up, you relationship started to shake because Jen thought you were better than her. Getting better grades than her in school.

So she started bullying you in middle school. It hurt you a lot since you loved her like your own sister but you never fought back.

Things were not going well for you two. Soon you both were going to finish your middle school. On the last day it school, you and your friends decided to go to a new cafe to celebrate after school. There Jen bullied you again. She ran after you out of the cafe. You looked both sides of the road and crossed it while Jen was mad as hell at you for no specific reason. She ran after you and just then a huge truck came her way. But she found herself on the other side of the road while your dad got hit by the truck.

Since that day, Jen left the house. She was so guilty that she couldn't face you or your mom. She left and soon was adopted by your father's friend.