Chapter 7

Y/n's pov:
*Time Skip*

I groaned as I held my head. My room was a mess because I was trying to find an outfit for the prom. I closed my eyes in frustration. Just then I heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" I saw my mom walk in. She saw me sitting on my bed. Her eyes roamed around the room. "Don't ask." She laughed and sat next to me. "Having trouble picking an outfit?" I hummed while resting my chin on my hand.

"Why don't you go to the mall? Prom doesn't come everyday or every month. So make it special and memorable." I smiled at her words. "But mom-" She stopped me and spoke. "No butts. You will never be able to find an outfit from your closet. You don't wear gowns and dresses so buy one for your prom because if you are thinking about going to prom in jeans and shirt then get ready to be stared at." We both laughed. "You are right. I'll go." She hummed and got up. "Oh and clean this mess before leaving." I nodded and she left.

I started picking up my outfits and keeping them back in my closet. I hummed to my favorite song which helped a lot and I was soon done cleaning things up. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs.
"K mom I'm leaving!" Opening the main door, I yelled. I grabbed the car keys and left.

Soon I was parking my car. I got out of it and locked it then headed to the mall. It was not too crowded so that means it will be easy for him to find an outfit for myself without any trouble of getting in a long line. I spotted a cute dress which caught my eyes as soon as I saw it.

I mean how can I not buy this? I just had too and I did

I mean how can I not buy this? I just had too and I did. Lucky I had perfect shoes to go with it. I was not on my way home.

Parking my car in the garage, I grabbed the bag and hurried inside the house to show the dress to mom.
"I'm home!" I yelled and saw my mom sitting in the living room watching tv with Mr. Norman. "Hey. Did you find any dress?" I giggled before nodding happily. I pulled out the dress out of the bag and placed it on the other couch.

"Oh my god!! This is gorgeous!" Mom felt the cloth as she said that. Mr. Norman did the same. "It's so pretty!" I nodded and placed it back inside the bag. We all talked for a while until it was time for dinner.
I found Jace walking downstairs with his headphones on. Ever since mom and Mr. Norman came back, Jace went back to his cold behavior. He doesn't talk to me at all. Only hums at my words and stays in his room the whole day.

I wonder if it's my fault? What if I said something that he didn't like? While thinking about these things, I didn't realize I zoned out. "Jace I'm talking to you?" I heard Mr. Norman raise his voice which snapped me out of my thoughts. Jace removed his headphones and let them hang around his neck. "I don't like this behavior! When we are at dinner table you have to keep away all your devices!" He strictly spoke while I saw Jace roll his eyes.

"Don't roll you eyes on me!!" He yelled again. "What do you want to ask?" Jace spoke, I could sense him getting pissed off. On the other hand mom tried to stop Mr. Norman but he didn't listen. "I want you to go to the prom." I heard Jace scoff. "I am not going." He simply said. "And why not?" Jace just shrugged. "I don't want to." Feeling the whole environment tense up, I was about to speak but Mr. Norman spoke.

"I didn't ask you. I am telling you to go." He ordered. "I am not going. You can't expect me to do everything you say. I don't want to go and that's final." Jace aggressively pushed his chair back and left the dinner table, leaving all of his shocked.

Jace's pov:

I never meant to be harsh on my dad but I was just pissed off over the fact that he wanted me to go to the prom. I hate crowded places. I already hate this whole new place and now going to the prom? No thanks. I rushed inside my room and closed the door. Feeling my whole body burn with anger, I grabbed the water from my night table and drank it all up in one go.

Just when I was going to the bathroom I head someone scream. I opened the door to see y/n running towards my room. "Jace come down quickly!" Her panicked face made me worried. I quickly went with her and found my dad breathing heavily while holding his chest. My heart beat raised in fear of losing him too. "Yes hello-" I heard y/n in the phone. She called the ambulance while her mom held on to my dad, crying.

I helped held his hand while he was trying to catch his breath. Soon the ambulance arrived. "Come on!" I heard y/n pull me inside her car where her mom was already sitting. Y/n went to her seat and started driving. She kept on following the ambulance while her mom was crying as well as praying. As for me, I was senseless. I was so shocked that I didn't know hot to react.

This never happened before. This whole situation was very new for me. I felt the car pull up. Y/n and her mom got out and so did I. The doctors quickly came and took my dad inside the room to examine him. "It's okay. He will be okay." Y/n kept on telling her mom to calm down while I stood there staring at the door. "Jace did this happen before?" Y/n asked me, grabbing my attention. I shook my head.

After waiting for a while, the doctor came out. He went straight to y/n's mom. "Is he okay?" She quickly asked. "I'm afraid not. He is on the last stage of lung cancer." I felt my whole world stop. "Did he use to drink a lot?" The doctor asked, y/n and her mom didn't know what to say since they didn't know if he did or not. "Yes he does." I spoke while my eyes glued to the floor. "I see. That caused this."

"B-but he will be okay right?" Y/n's mom asked with hopefully eyes. "I'm sorry. He only have a few months."