Chapter 15

Y/n's pov:

I smiled and waited for his response. He stared at me and then back at the letter he held. "I-I don't know...we are still siblings..." He said and dropped the letter on my bed and left. I stood there thinking, was I too bold? Did I make him uncomfortable? I flopped down on the bed, looking at the letter. "He is right...We are still siblings, mom is still his guardian."

The day went by and days turned into weeks. Mom also came back, things between me and Jace were weird. It was awkward for us to talk to each other. But soon we started talking less. It has now been almost a month since that incident. Mom don't know about it.

I was in my room, doing my homework when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I said and the door opened revealing Jace. I smiled as our eyes met. "Hey...Ummm have you seen my black jacket? I can't find it anywhere." I thought for a while. "Yeah, it's here." I opened my closet and pulled out his black jacket. "You left it here on that day." I looked down, holding out his jacket.

"Thanks..." he took it and passed a quick smile then left.

Jace's pov:

I went to my room, my jacket in my hand. I looked at it and smiled. It had her scent in it. Beautiful, vanilla scent. I placed it in my closet and suddenly my phone rang. I picked it up to find an unknown number. I answered it anyways.

"Hello."
"Is this Mr Jace Norman speaking?"
"Yes, who is this?"
"Hello I'm Jen, my dad told me to call you. My dad and your dad worked in the same company, in the same department."
"Oh ok..." I didn't know what else to say.
"You see dad wants to meet you. He misses your dad. If it's ok, can you join us for dinner tomorrow night?"
"Sure."
"Great! I'll send you the location tomorrow."
She hung up, honestly, I'm just going for dad.

*Time Skip*

The dinner went good, it was really nice meeting them. Mr William kept on talking about dad. So I enjoyed. And Jen is sweet. She is my age and we both got along well. I came home, greeted with silence. I forwarded. This was odd. I went to the kitchen to check and no one was there. Then made my way to the other rooms of the house and I couldn't find anyone.

Just then I pulled my phone out to call y/n. After a few rings she picked up.

"Hello...?" I waited for a reply but heard nothing.
"Y/n...? Where are you? Hello?" Still not answer.
"Y/n can you hear me? Please say something. Who is on the phone?!" I yelled in frustration. Just then I heard sniffles.
"J-Jace..." my heart dropped.
"Y/n where are you? Is everything ok?" She sniffled once again.
"M-mom..." I felt my heart stop for a second.
"What happened to mom?!" She broke down, crying again.

"Mom got into an a-accident...She is gone Jace, I-I lost everyone." I felt my knees getting weak, but I held on to myself. "Send me your location right now." She hummed. "K." She said and hung up.

Quickly I got in my car and left for the hospital. I rushed inside to find y/n sitting on the chair which was right next to the operating room. She looked lifeless. Just a body sitting there without anything inside it. I kneeled down to see her blank face. Placing my hand on her hand, which rested on her lap. She looked at me and gave me a weak smile.

Just as I was going to open my mouth to speak, the doctors came. I stood up. "Hello are you with her?" He asked and I nodded. "I'm sorry but tried our very best...the injury was inside her head and it was very big..." He lowered his head and left. I looked at y/n who sat there, expressionless.

Y/n's pov:

"Y/n...we need to go home now." I heard Jace call me out. My whole body was numb, my mind was blank. I was clueless of what was going around me. My mind couldn't process the whole situation.
"Y/n..." I heard Jace calling my name once again but I no strength to speak or to even look up. Then I felt his hand on my shoulder, helping me stand up on my weak. But my knees gave in. He held me tightly and took me to the car.

Jace's pov:

Y/n was lifeless...I called her name out so many times but she didn't reply. She just kept on staring at the floor. I took her to the car and helped her sit and went to my seat and drove us home. I took care of all the funeral matter.

When we reached home, I looked at y/n who stared at window. I held her hand gently, grabbing her attention. "Let's go inside." I looked at me and then opened the door. She looked like a lost kid. I got out of the car and helped her inside the house. I took her to my room, she sat on the bed and looked like she it was first time here. "Are you hungry?" She looked at me with doe eyes, her eyes that held spark, had lost it all.

"No." She simply said. "Do you want to sleep then?" She shook her head. "Well...what do you wanna do?" I said in a cheerful voice. "I wanna go to mom." My eyes widened at her words. I sat next to her and lifted her up from her place and placed her on my lap. "Y/n listen to me very carefully...ok?" She nodded like a kid. "I know what you are going through right now... I have gone through the same and you saw that...But I don't want you to lose all hope in life like I did..."

"I want you to pull yourself together and live your life like you always did, happily, helping people around you, loving and caring for them is your thing. I don't want you to turn into me..." I saw her eyes fall, looking down at her hands. "What's the point of living when I have lost everyone." My heart broke as she sniffled. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly as she cried on my shoulder. "You have me." She pulled away from the hug and stared at me.

"B-but you said we can't be together..." I wiped her tears away and smiled softly. "I was wrong..." She looked at me for a good minute then hugged me again, resting her head on my shoulder. "Let's talk about this tomorrow, you should sleep now." I got up with her in my arms, went to the other side of the bed and placed her down and tucked her inside the cover.

I went to the bathroom and changed real quick then joined her in the bed. "Sleep well, I'm going to be right here." I kissed her head and pulled her arms, resting her head on my chest as she snuggled deeper. With that we both drifted to our dreamland.

Sorry for the grammatical mistakes :(
English is not my first language!