Chapter 6✔

ONE NIGHT BEFORE RUKSATI

After the mehndi function, Zoya was lucky enough to not see her nemesis face. She didn't know how he had earned the title of her nemesis in the numbered days. But he had. And he worked hard to keep that. The Irtaza-distancing would have continued if not for Alizey's stupid as lamp-post request to meet Hashim the night before her Ruksati.

Zoya had been sitting in her bed, reading Midnight Sun by Stephine Myer's. Yes, she was too old for Twilight but there was just something about Edward's point of view that made her go, aww. Don't we all want Edward's superpower? Reading someone's mind. Knowing what the other person thinks of you? How he sees you? Ahhh! She signed as she shifted on her right side, towards the door only to see something move in the dark.

She would have let out a loud shriek if Alizey hadn't placed her hand on Zoya's mouth.
Her eyes were wide and huge as she stared at her best friend. Breathing hard, she pushed Alizey away.

"Jaan he nikal de. Pata nai hai tumhain k main daar jati hoon. Ab agr mera heart fail ho jata tu idhar tumhari dholi uth rahi hoti aur udhar mera janaz."
(
You scared me to death. Don't you know I get spooked easily? If I had suffered a cardiac arrest, you would be getting married while I would be 6 feet under the ground lying in my coffin!")

"Zoya, stop being dramatic. Utho jaldi. (Get up quickly)"
"Main nai uth rahi. Jao yahan say. (I am not getting up. Leave)" She replied as she resumed to read the e-book on her phone.

"Zoya! I need your help please?" Alizey said, her tone was serious all of sudden. With that she had all of Zoya's attention. She flattered her eyelashes, something that she did to appear desperate, a damsel in distress.

"Don't give me the look Alizey. Just tell me what you want?" Zoya asked, she was dramatic herself but hated it when another person did it. Hypocritic much. Yes.

Zoya knew Alizey a little too well to buy her needy act. Plus, she hated the disclaimer. The "I need to tell you something" and "Mujhe say galti ho gae hai ek." (I committed a mistake) kind of sentences were such a killer for her anxious mind. It made her dread everything.

If you have to tell something. You don't need to give disclaimer. You don't "Ek baat pochon"(Can I ask a question?) Because it's not just ek(one). It turns into two the moment someone asks this stupid question.

"Okay just because you asked and you are actually like my maid of honor, if there was any .......
So, it is why the responsibility falls on your shoulders.........
Yes...
It means you have to be the one helping me" Alizey's unsurety and the word responsibility had Zoya sweating.

Responsibility and Me? Alizey, I am the most irresponsible person. Areyyyy yaar maat keroooooo... (Please don't do this.) [NOTE somebody please get my meme reference]

"Actually, you are perfect for the job." Alizey, said suddenly realizing that Zoya was the perfect candidate for the job she had planned. She sounded so pleased with herself while on the other hand curiosity was killing Zoya.

"Alizey, just get on with it. Look my palms are sweating." Zoya whined. She had never liked suspense. She was the type of person who'd read the story of a suspense thriller on Wikipedia just to avoid that over-anxious element of the movie that left her biting her nails.

"I want your help in sneaking out and meeting Hashim."
"Kya (What)?"
"Cheekh chekh k sub ko utha do."(Wake up everyone with your screams, will you?) Alizey whisper shouted at her.

"Sorry. I am actually very dizzy with sleep right now. Can you believe I just imagined you asking me to help you sneak out?" Zoya claimed as she nervously laughed.

It happened with her sometimes. Like she'd be so busy zoning out that she'd miss what was happening in the real world and sometimes , it would confuse her to such an extent that it would force her to question herself whether she was imagining all that or was it happening in real.
Right now, by the look Alizey was giving her , Zoya could tell that it was all real.