Chapter 4✔

Tera mujhse hai phele ka naata koi Yunhi nai dil lubhata koi

(We probably knew each other before this life You don't just like a person for no reason)

3 DAYS BEFORE MEHNDI (3rd Encounter)
Matters of heart always led to complication. She knew that well. But Zoya couldn't help it. The kitten was stuck in those no-entry wire fences on the wall and being a cat lady herself she couldn't just walk away from there leaving the kitten caged in those horrid wires. Thinking how it could have been her own cat-Billu stuck in such calamity, making those helpless meows, Zoya's determination to rescue the cat got fiercer. And so, without thinking about the ungraceful, embarrassing circumstances that could arise due to her act of thoughtfulness, she took the folding chair that she assumed belonged to the guard, who she knew was off to smoking.

Any sane person would first of all not wander alone in the farmhouse at night. But Zoya was far from rationality. She was stressed. Two days had passed since Nikkah and she wasn't able to get some sleep thanks to someone to whom she had spilled her secrets too. Here, she was wandering alone at night, staring at the night sky as she listened to her favorite songs to calm her anxious heart down. And she had been doing that, until she saw something shine in the dark. That was how she had found that kitten.

The sane person on discovering a hysterical cat would have called for help or waited for the guard to return. And if they decided to help the kitten themselves, they definitely wouldn't have considered a folding chair for standing. Especially not when there was no one in sight to hold it in place. It was just like Zoya, to not overthink her bad decisions. So, without giving two cents, she had stood on the chair and climbed the wall.

Zoya glared down at her companion. "I want to throttle you. Did you have to hiss at me? I was here to help. Couldn't you tell?"

Her companion let out an unconcerned, ungrateful meow which made Zoya growl.

The cat assessed the noise and judged it to be beneath its own and began licking its paws. That instance, the cat reminded her of this person who was full of himself like the cat. Dignity and decorum had stopped her from scowling at that person, but she could scowl at the cat. There was no one who was going to notice her, plus the cat deserved that.

Glaring at cat made no difference, except making her feel slightly better.

With a weary groan she looked up at the sky, full of stars. The full moon and the clear sky with stars that glistened made her sigh. It was such a heavenly view. She estimated that it may had been fifteen mins since she had been stuck here. Didn't it take 5 minutes to smoke a cigarette? She thought as she looked down for the guard. How many cigarettes did the guard puff? She wondered.

God damn! What did it matter how many cigarettes he smoked? What mattered was that she was stuck. And there was no body who could help her. It was unlikely for Alizey, Fazeela or Kainat to come out looking for her, when they perfectly knew her habit for strolling at night.

"This is all your fault." she said to the cat, she was unconsciously stroking it while the cat in all her splendor ignored Zoya once again.

"What the hell were you doing up here?" She began her lecture.
"Anyone with a brain would have known that they would get caught ......"
Anyone! YEAH RIGHT! Her alter ego commented. Ironic how she was lecturing a cat, while she herself had climbed up and gotten stuck in those wires.

"Don't look at me like that." She continued.
"I don't hate you. I am just angry with myself for getting in this mess."

She was talking to a cat. But this wasn't something unusual to her considering she talked to Billu every night. She tried to twist her head to look in the cat's direction for better closure, but her hair was stuck and so was her sweater. Twisting her head tugged on her hair, which hurt like hell.