Chapter 7✔

Things to remember
Don't cry! Not at the time of Ruksati, like you did at Nikkah!
Don't talk to Irtaza!
Don't look at him.
Definitely not in the eyes.
AND DON'T BLUSH AS IF YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH HIM

"Zoya!" Kainat said pulling Zoya out of her world.
"Kahan kho jati ho? Chalo jaldi hum log he reh gaen hain bus (Where are you lost. Hurry up, only we are left.)", she told Zoya. Zoya was late because she had been with Alizey, in the parlor and Kainat was late because it was "FASHIONABLE"!

Zoya was wearing a light ferozi kalidar with a crushed dupatta.
"Ammi bhi chalain ge? (Ammi has left?)" Zoya asked. Her mother had arrived in the morning for the day wedding.

"Haan, fazeela k sath. Mainay tu Aunty ko bola tha k thora rest kar lain par unhon nay kaha k wapis akay kar lain ge. (Yes, with Fazeela. I asked Aunty to rest a little, but she said she'd do it when she comes back)" Kainat replied slouching her shoulders.

Ammi bhi na. She will not care about her health. Sub ko sehat k khayal pay lecture dain ge par khud amal nai karain ge. (She lectures everyone on taking care of their health but wouldn't follow that herself.)

Zoya recited her things to remember during the ride to the wedding Hall. But the moment Azeem bhai stopped the car at the entrance of marquee and she looked out, she forgot all that.

Mainly, because standing right in front of the 'Alishim' board was the person, she was trying to ignore. As usual, Irtaza was busy on his phone. Making a face at him, she got down. With all the grace she could muster, she closed the door of the car.

Back straight! Like a queen you want to be!
Head held up high!
Yes, honey you got it.
Move straight!
Walk past him without looking in his direction.

Not that fast! Ahista chalo (walk slowly)
Yes, that's it!
Par Salam tu Musalman ka farz... (Its obligatory on every Muslim to say Salam...)
Don't bring religion in this Zoya! WALK PAST HIM!
Cross him! Don't look at his side.
Yes! QUEEN !!!!
We stan.
Ab usay pata chalay ga! (Now he'll know)

She had walked past him, without looking at him. She was about to do the mental happy dance and praise herself for that hard work, when a voice rang in her ears.

"Zoya!"

Don't turn! Don't turn! The sanity in her begged. But Zoya wasn't listening to the sanity. She never did! So, without any ado, she turned in the direction. Looked straight into his eyes and smiled with a "Jee! Kuch keh rahay thay app?" (Yes? Were you saying something?)

"Dupatta neechay lag raha hai apka! Utha lain!"
(Your Duppata is mopping the floor. Pick that up please)

He suggests with a smile. And she heard her alter ego snicker with laughter!
Aur na, mano meri baat! (You never listen to me.)

"Shukriya, Ammi! (Thanks Ammi)" she said haughtily and turned back.

Ugh Ugh ugh !!!
Kara le bezati? (Are you done embarrassing yourself?)
Aaram hai ab? Chalo andar! (Now if you are done, lets go inside.)

Mahira watched Zoya glid inside the marquee with a look of annoyance. She followed her and found her son smiling smugly. The match maker inside her was doing somersaults. She just needed to execute her plan successfully.

Irtaza noticed his mother signaling and strode down towards her.

"Jee bolain Ammi kya kaam hai? (Yes Ammi. Do you need something?)" He asked even though by her smile and the sparkle in her eyes, he could tell what it was all about. His mother was going to ask him if he liked any of the girls who were attending. His reply was going to be "no".

"Koi larki pasand nai aye tumhain (Do you like any of the girls attending?)" She asked finally. She had to be discreet in this process.

"Apko agai hai?"(Do you?) He found himself asking.

"Haan par tumahre liye nai."
(Yes, but not for you) She replied. And Irtaza grunted. He knew where the conversation was headed.

"Did you meet Zoya, Alizey ki dost (Alizey's friend)?" His mother finally asked.
And Irtaza considered grunting again. Out of all the girls his mother had to ask him about her.