Chapter 14✔

Two weeks later in Lahore

It had been a weeks since she had not so gracefully left from the wedding. That embarrassing evening was still fresh in her memory and use to haunt her whenever she had an idle moment.

It was a practice Zoya had. When Zoya's heart was overloaded with emotions or trauma, she used to spend some time with her Nani in Lahore to get her mind off everything. Nani being a Godsend blessing, was always able to reassure Zoya. That night when the hell had broken lose, Zoya had come running back to her Nani in Lahore.

Ironic how she was telling Irtaza to stop running.

Sitting in her chair, Zoya carelessly flipped through the unread mails. Tons of them were from Alizey, Fazeela and even from Kainat, who hated typing and was more of an audio message person. There were calls and messages which she had ignored. Being a slightly emotional and immature person, she had even blocked her friends and Irtaza. She blocked him from her Instagram, WhatsApp and then sim. And then removed him from snapchat. Although she unblocked all of her friends later, but she didn't unblock him. Funny how she was expecting an apology from him after blocking him from everywhere.

Okay maybe I should umm unblock him from WhatsApp just incase he wants to apologize. She thought as she grabbed her phone.
Really?
How pathetic can you be Zoya?
But....
If he wanted to say sorry ,he could have emailed you?
Email? Yes, like Alizey and Kainat !
But he doesn't have my email.
He can ask Hashim for it.
Or he can use his international number.
But....
Sure , go ahead ! Think of excuses. Unblock him and then allow him to walk all over you. Why? Because he got a pretty face? And you cant get over it.
Her alter ego was a bish , but Zoya was Zoya. And she had to unblock him from WhatsApp because, wapsi ka ekk rasta tu khula rakhna chahiye( There should be atleast one way back)

Zoya decided that she would forgive him if he asked for her forgiveness in a 2 weeks' time and if he didn't, she would forget about his existence and get on with life. (As if it was possible). The 2nd week was about to end, and she restlessly grabbed her phone, checked her Instagram and then WhatsApp. She could see that he was online.

Zoya had hated it when Gul-e-rana didn't forgive Adeel or when Hamza wasn't forgiven by Romi. She couldn't do the same. But for that the other party had to apologize which he hasn't.

Frustrated she opened her Instagram again. The moment it refreshed, and the screen loaded, Zoya stared hard at the screen. Alyna her batch mate had posted a picture, "First day at office." And it was no ordinary office. It was Google's headquarters, Berlin. And as she typed her "Congratulations" her eyes welled up with tears.

[Note: Not the author using her own name and her dream job.... We are manifesting guys !! AMEEN !!!]

Congratulations?
That's what I am doing since forever.
Congratulating people on their successes...
Someone is getting married, someone is getting pregnant. Some one is getting their Doctorate.
While I sit on a couch a type 'Congratulations MashAllah'....
Am I just here to do that?
When is my time going to come?
AND how is that lucky?
Nani keeps praying for my naseeb but all I have is bad luck!

Feeling crushed, she marched towards Nani who was sitting on the prayer mat.

"Nani Ami, you always say I am blessed. But I am not! Nani Ami I am such a failure.
Allah meri duain kyun nai sunta NaniAmi? Main PHD karna chahti thee nai. Mere saray Batch main kahin na kahin nikal gae age parhnay aur main top karnay k bawajood , university main hoon. Dosron ki madad karna chahti the qabil ho k. Par Allah nay yeh bhi nai suna."
( Why do Allah ignores my prayers? I wanted to do PHD. All of my batchmates are in big firms, some are doing their masters. But me, despite being a topper of my batch, I am still here. Teaching at a university, living the ordinary life. I wanted to help people. But Allah didn't even listen to that.)