Chapter 16✔

(This is what the invite is supposed to look like

(This is what the invite is supposed to look like. Simple and decent. Upar media wali jagah par post nai ho raha tha...)

Like she had imagined and dreamt, it was quite a family affair, their Nikah. The wedding invites were designed by Kainat on Canva as simple as they could have been. The Nikah was supposed to take place in their lawn. Valima- a sunnat was on a much grander and bigger scale but it was to be held two days later. Zoya had even argued on that, but Irtaza said 'itnay paisay mainay qabr main nai lay k jane.' (The money is not coming with me in the grave....)

Zoya wore her mother's golden gharara, a new custom shirt that was designed by her sister in law -Meena for the nikkah. They decided to donate. Zoya didn't want the designer clothes or the expensive jewelry. She didn't even like jewelry apart from the nath, that was her nanhiyal's heirloom. Her nani wore it to her nikkah, then her mother and now it was her turn. And the jumkay that were her mother in law's.

The makeup was done by her Alizey and Kainat who were no less than the professionals.

Her friends occupying her room, talking senseless stuff and laughing at not so funny things was the best memory of last night. A smile touched her lips as she remembered the last night.
"Shit..." Alizey had cursed and all of them had looked at her.
"Yaar ...yeh shadi nai ho sakti... (This shadi can't take place.)" She said in all seriousness.
"Kyun?" Kainat had voiced the question which everyone was too scared to ask.
"Irtaza nay Zoya say ek baat chupai hai... (Irtaza have hidden something from Zoya.) Alizey declared and Zoya felt her color drain.
"Zoya it's alright. Pareshan nai ho na, Allah behtar karay ga. (Don't worry, Allah will make ease.) Fazeela said as she came to hold Zoya's cold hands.
In her mind, Zoya had been shouting TELLL TELLL TELLL !!!
"What is it." Kainat spat.
"He didn't tell her that he doesn't like chai. And Zoya had always wanted a chai partner." Alizey said cheekily and all her friends laughed as Zoya threw the cushion at Alizey who ducked it.
Jaan nikal the. (Scared the life out of me)
Bish!
"
What? You said, you won't marry a guy who didn't like chai." Alizey told her. And that was how Kaiant, Fazeela and Alizey had started teasing her.

Zoya was sitting in her room, blushing reminiscing the last night. The last night that she had spent in this room was so memorable that she wanted to preserve it. Record it, somehow (Without camera making every one conscious) when Minaal bolted through the room.
"Minaal! What are you doing here. Barat agae? (Is Barat here)" Fazeela asked with disappointment. They had to be there to welcome barat.

"No, I came early! I had too. Chalain Bhabi. Apko Barat dekhaon. (Come bhabi. You need to see it.)"

Minaal said grabbing Zoya's henna adorned hands. The henna which she had difficulty getting as her sweaty palms didn't let the henna dry. Zoya had blushed with embarrassment every time the henna artist dabbed that sweat of her hand with a tissue.

"Par Mama...."

"Are Aunty kuch nai kahin ge. Humaray ghar ki rasam hoti hai"(Aunty wouldn't say a thing. It's a ritual of our family) Minaal replied as she pulled Zoya along with her while Alizey, Fazeela and Kainat followed.