Chapter 13✔

When your gut is telling you that something bad is going to happen, you should trust it and give sadkah. (charity)If only she had. If only she had. But no, she was busy looking at Irtaza with those mooning eyes at Irtaza and blushing when she got caught.

"Bhabhii...App yahan kya kar rahi hain akeli..." (What are you doing here alone)

Zoya turned to find her best friend Alizey.
"Bhabhi..." Zoya chocked.

Of-course Alizey had to hear it.
"Zyda bano maat..." (Don't pretend now.)
"Mainay kya kiya?" (What did I do?) Zoya asked but the blush that crept on her face was an answer of its own.
"Haan Bhabhi, app nay tu kuch nai kiya.(Yes, Bhabhi you didn't do it.)
"Alizey , stop !" Zoya pleaded.
"Kyun? Sharam arahi hai apko BHABHI! (Are you blushing Bhabhi.) Kainat told me something was fishing. That there was something going on between you guys, but I didn't listen to her. At mehndi, I noticed you acting all jealous. But I waited for you to tell me! WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME?" Alizey asked. Gone was the playful side.

Kabhi nai(Never)
"I..." Zoya began but there was nothing to say. What was she supposed to say?
"What I. I told you when I crushed on Hashim. I told you when I realized I was in love with him. This was important Zoye. You were supposed to tell me."

"Alizey, suno..(listen)"
"Don't listen Alizey me, Zoya. Best friends are supposed to tell each other this kind of stuff."
"But you were busy Alizey. With your husband, on your honeymoon. I didn't want to plague you." Zoya admitted.

"Shut up and speak" Alizey said as she took a seat beside Zoya.

When Zoya was done narrating the story that included everything except the part where Zoya revealed all her secrets to Irtaza or meeting him on the flight, Alizey looked at her and gave her the warmest brightest smile.

"I told Hashim that you were just the girl for Irtaza. He won't listen to me."
"You guys talk about me?" Zoya asked horrified.
"Don't look at me like that. You are our friends. And we just thought that you guys might make a cute pair." Alizey said shrugging her shoulder.

"I'll go find Hashim." Alizey said getting up from her chair.
"Wait. Alizey stop! You can't just go and tell him I crush on his cousin.."
" I know that Zoe. I need to find him because Meena is about to deliver the speech and Hashim shouldn't miss it." Before Zoya could respond, Alizey was gone.

Speech? Meena?
Zoya wasn't expecting that. But she let it slip. It was Meena's wedding, she could do whatever she wanted.

Zoya looked at Minaal, exquisite in her bridal jhora that she had designed herself. Zoya knew this because she had been with Minaal running errands finding laces and linings and what not.

"Sub log soch rahain ho ge k ab Meena ko kya bolna hai?"(Everyone is thinking, "What up with Meena.")
Minaal began and everyone nodded.

" Well, Meena ko thanks bolna hai. (Meena wants to say thanks.)
Thank you Zoe, who is like a elder sister I never had. Thank you for guiding me when you did it. If it wasn't for you, me and Moiez wouldn't be here. So, thank you.
For running errands with me, from the tailor to the dyer! I can't thank you enough." Zoya was in awie. The tears blinded her vision as she smiled and mouthed "I love you too" to Meena.

"It's my bhai's turn now. Thank you bhai! Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for stepping into Baba's shoes. I can't thank you enough for the things you did, and you do. I don't approve of all of them, but I know they are all done with good intentions.
I hated it when you used to disapprove of the night stays. I might have even called you 'kharoos' for that. I hated the over possessive streak of yours and that controlling behavior, warding off boys away from me even when you were oceans away. Seriously, kesay kar letay hain app yeh sub?(How do you manage that)" She asked Irtaza.

After scanning everyone, Zoya's eyes settled on Irtaza, who was sitting at the far end. His face was glowing. The light from the chandelier was high lightly his cheekbones.

" App nay jitna mujhe sataya hain, main sochti the Allah bhai ko aesi biwi dain jo set kar k rakh dain. Aur lagta hai who baat sach ho rahi hai." ( You have teased me a lot. I used to pray that may give bhai the bride who will correct him. And looks like Allah heard them.)