Platform Confusion and New Friends

The King's Cross is bustling with energy, people and pets alike.  Trolleys and nonstop chatter of people filled the ears of the McLoughlins but they stayed close together, huddled near the 9 and 10, confused. Professor Sprout had forgotten a small but quite important detail: how to get to platform 9 ¾. The small barn owl, which Ziah has promptly named Milis, stayed quiet until she noticed a stark white owl on top of a trolley, a scrawny kid pushing it ahead. Milis hooted at Ziah who looked around, catching sight of the owl and the redheads who stood next to the kid, watching just in time for them to... disappear? She watched, mersmerized as one by one, the children disappear to she doesn't know where but by the look of the trolleys they have, they must be going where she's heading to.

Ziah tugged on her father's sleeve, making him look just in time as the last redhead to go through the column  between the two platforms. Marion walked over, looking at the area that the redheads disappeared into and discreetly walked backwards into it, disappearing for a moment into the column before popping back out again with a smile.

"Found our platform. Marvelous, I gotta say." He said with a triumphant smile as he took hold of his wife's hand, kissing it. He lifted Ziah to sit in front of her trolley atop the trunk and suitcase and looked around for a bit before heading through the platform, his wife walking beside them.

Claire looked up, smiling at the sign on the platform.

"Platform 9 and ¾. Well done, you two." She hugged Marion and gave a kiss on top of Ziah's head as they move in, a magnificent black train in front of them and the platform filled with students and parents and guardians, a few heads turning towards them especially a certain white long-haired man with a look in his eyes. The family ignored it, prompting to move further the platform to find a trailer where they can get her stationed in.

"Here seems good." Ziah said, looking in the trailer with only a boy inside with floofy dreadlocks and holding a box. Marion nodded, picking up the suitcase when two redhead twins appeared next to Ziah.

"First year?" One said with a smile and Ziah nodded. Claire turned to the twins with a megawatt smile.

"Yes, she is. I'm Claire McLoughlin and this is my husband, Marion. Ziah here is just starting here at Hogwarts." She said, holding Ziah close by the shoulder.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr. And Mrs. McLoughlin." The twins shook hands with them, smiling at Ziah as well. "Reckon you need a hand with the trunk, sir?" Marion nodded, saying, "Wouldn't dream of saying no on a few helping hands, aye?"

As they put her items into the respective spot, the twins turned to the family. "Btw, I'm George-" "and I'm Fred Weasley."

"Thank you and nice to meet you." Ziah said, shaking their hands. She watched as the twins headed into the train and the whistle blows loudly, announcing the soon departure.

She turned towards her parents, slightly teary-eyed. Claire smiled at her sweet daughter, tucking a stray strand behind Ziah's ear as Marion crouched down, holding her hand.

"Now don't you cry. It's a new world out there but Professor will be there. Remember to send Milis for the letters and we'll reply with as much story and love to you, okay? I reckon your grandma will be thrilled once she hears on how your new school would look like. You know her and her architecture." He said, making Ziah laugh past her tears. Claire hugged her.

"We'll be fine so you better behave there alright? Let us know as soon as you can. Do well, okay?" The small girl nodded, hugging them one last time as the whistle sounds out once more and she ran into the trailer, looking out at the window at her parents. She waved as the train moved along the rail, stopping once she can no longer see them, the train gaining speed until it chugged along in a constant speed. She turned at the doorway of the compartment when the same boy with dreadlocks appeared again, still lugging the same box, this time followed by the same twins that helped her with her things.

"Well, hello." The boy sat down in front of her with a smile, the box positioned on his lap. "The name's Lee Jordan. Wanna see perhaps?" He said, gesturing at the box. The twins shook their head at her but Ziah smiled.

"I'm Ziah and sure." She nodded. Fred was about to protest when Lee opened the lid, her sight was met with quite possibly the biggest tarantula she'd ever seen. Fascinated, she held out a finger, making contact with one of the hairy spider legs poking out of the box.

-------******-----*****-------

George watched as Ziah gently poked the spider leg, looking more awed rather than afraid. He can't help the smile on his face at Lee's expression which is obvious that he was hoping she'd shriek or get spooked at the very least. Turning to Fred who's shaking his head, he sat next to Ziah who is still preoccupied by the tarantula.

"So Harry Potter. Wonder if he'll be in Gryffindor like his mum and dad." He pondered as he caught a candy bar tossed by Fred.

"Course he will. Most of the Potters was in Gryffindor like our family. Will be a wonder if he wasn't." His twin replied as they watch Lee and Ziah whose now in a full-blown discussion about arachnids. A few more moments and the four are now telling stories, the three mostly listening to the muggleborn first year. They even bought a few pasties when the trolley lady passed by, giving a free chocolate frog at her as well when she helped pick up the spilled chocolate frogs.

"You should definitely meet our Dad." George remarked at one of their conversations. His twin nodded vigorously. "Dad is all into the muggle stuff even if he works at the ministry. He'd most likely have a million questions for you, it'll probably be like taking NEWTs." Lee laughed out loud only to be halted when the door of the compartment opened once more, this time a very familiar face appeared.

"Hermione!?" She exclaimed excitedly, making the brunette smile widely, hugging each other immediately.

"I knew I'd see you here, Ziah! This will be an amazing year. I just know it!" She said,  before hearing a small cough from one of the redheads in the compartment. "Oh right, has any of you seen a toad? Neville here lost his." She added, moving aside to show a shy boy hiding just behind her. Ziah shook her head no, the same goes with the others. Hermione frowns for a moment, sighing before turning back to Ziah.

"You all should change into the school robes, we'll be in Hogwarts soon." She said, giving the girl a final hug before closing the door. Ziah, who already wore her uniform except for the vest and tie (which would usually have the school house colors on it), just donned the plain black robe for first years. Fred was more than glad to tell her about the sorting ceremony and about the full inside scoop about the school and its resident occupants like Dumbledore, Flitwick, Sprout (which she already knew) and so on. He even added a few so-called nasty others like Mr. Filch and another professor named Snape.

They soon reached the station and students started heading out of their compartments when Fred put a hand on Ziah's shoulder.

"Hey. Whichever house you get to, never hesitate to talk to us, okay?" He said, looking into the first year's eyes. She smiled and nodded, giving the three boys a hug before speeding off, following Hermione and the other first years who's surrounding the loud half giant with the gentle smile.

Lee sent a knowing smile at the twins before heading to the carriages, making the two shrug before following him.

*********************************
Author Note: Fu-chan here and I am so so so sorry! Im working in the frontlines for the quarantine and its hard to get the enough time to just do a straight brainstorm session to write this. I'll try to update as soon as possible again and thank you for the love and support!