A New Beginning

Ten years.

Ten magnificent years that Ziah enjoyed her life in her wonderful little hidden world next to her sweet, caring Mom and gentle, loving Dad. For once, she never felt different. Well, she got lucky as it is. School was nice. She never got into any trouble. She got friends like Hermione, Malcolm and another kid who likes calling himself Doof Doof (his name is actually Heinz, like the ketchup.) With the whole gang at grade school, there wasn't much to anticipate anyways. Homeworks, gym class, normal class. Very typical. Well, not for the two girls.

It started just at when Ziah was four years old. Early bloomer as most people would call it. She'd be more than capable of actually taking care of herself. Cookie jar in the high cabinet?  No problem. She wants to cook? Easy peasy. Claire was mildly surprised when one day she went downstairs only to find a stack of pancakes in front of her young daughter. Marion laughed when she told him and patted his daughter's head, saying that she should have given some to them.

She was six when she met Hermione. A person exactly like Matilda as Ziah would describe her. Hermione was incredibly smart and her books that was given by her parents were already for higher grade. When Hermione's 7th birthday rolled in, Ziah gave her an atlas which made the former squeal in delight. Hermione was the one who explained to her what the two of them can do. Magic she says. A small eye opener for Ziah that she welcomed fully.
It was wonderful. A little world just for the two of them filled with unspeakable powers and enchanting powers. Making the little things float around and her ability to make flowers bloom as Hermione manages to multitask and have fun with her at the same time.

It wasn't until a few months before her birthday was went it slowly does unfold. A woman stood excitedly on their front door step. Her yellow cap and apron seems to be just at home against the pastel blue walls of the McLoughlin's home. She knocked on the door and heard footsteps running down the stairs.

"I'll get it!" Ziah said as she reached the door and peeked at the peephole, seeing a nice lady at the door. She opened it with a smile. "Yes, ma'am?"

"Hello, dear. You must be Ziah Mcloughlin, am I correct?" She asked, a beautiful gentle smile painting her face.

"Yes, yes, I am. How may I help you?" She said as her father stepped downstairs and saw the woman.

"I need to talk to your parents, Marion and Claire Mcloughlin, if I may. It is very important and will be a part of your very bright future." She stood up straight as Marion opened the door wider and gestured for her to go inside.

"Come in, ma'am. Zii, go call your mother. This seems like a two person job." He joked as the girl ran back up the stairs. The woman chuckled as she brought out a sealed letter from her small pouch. How it fit a letter in such a small thing, he have no clue but he let her take a seat on the couch as his wife and child go back down to join them. They watched as Claire whispered something to the girl who nodded and headed to the adjoining kitchen.
"I would like to introduce myself. I am Pomona Sprout, herbologist and a professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Ziah perked up while eavesdropping at the mention of the school, immediately interested which does not go unnoticed by Pomona. "I come here to bring you the news that your daughter has been accepted at Hogwarts and your family will be granted access into our wonderful world. Here is the letter from our Headmaster and along with some details if you wish to let her come to Hogwarts." She handed the letter to Claire who read it with Marion who is smiling widely.
"So there IS a school for them. I told you, dear." He said to his wife who snickered.

"Hopefully it'll be a wonderful school that I COULD go to." Ziah said as she serve tea to Pomona.

"Of course, you're going. It'll be a great opportunity." Marion said as Ziah sat next to them. "When does school start and how do we get her stuff and such."

Pomona smiled. "Since you seem to be accepting her special magical circumstances, I'll be back here in a week to bring you to Diagon Alley where we buy most of our supplies. The letter included the list of items and money-wise, we do have Gringotts, our bank which also caters money exchange. Everything will be taken care of by the time September 1st rolls in."

Claire looked up from the letter. "Based on the letter, Hogwarts is a boarding school?" She asks and Pomona nods.

"Yes but no need to worry, the school grounds is guarded and there is a curfew for ALL students with the teachers doing rounds before heading to bed. She will be properly accommodated and food will not be a problem and she will not be allowed out of grounds unless a waiver is signed by you two." She explained and Marion turned excitedly to Ziah.

"You think you'll be ready for this, kiddo?" He turned and handed the letter to her who stared at the emblem of the school at the top, gently touching the badger and the lion on it.

"Is it a good school?" She asks nervously. Pomona patted her hand in reassurance. "Of course, I graduated from Hogwarts myself and now I'm a professor. It will be marvelous, you'll learn so much on how to be a wonderful witch. Who knows, you might also be a herbologist like me." She said with a wink and Ziah smiled.

Marion stood up and held out his hand. "Well, ma'am Pomona. I guess we'll see you in a week from now." Pomona nodded and shook his hand.

"I'll reach out to you tomorrow by Owl Post. All you need to ask, you may attach it and I'll answer as many and detailed as possible." She booped Ziah's nose who giggled as they all walk Pomona to the door.

"Thank you for your warm welcome. It's not always that we get welcomed by Muggles like this."

"Well, we may be 'mugals' but we sure know that a fitting school would be best for our very unique daughter." Pomona almost snickered at his mispronounciation but held it in. In due time, he'll know more anyway.

She stepped out and nodded and watched as the young one closed the door.

"Very 'Unique' indeed."