A Night to Remember(part one)

Phoebe sat at lunch when she felt the presence of someone sit in front of her. She looked up only to notice Stanley sitting across from her with a apologetic look.

"Hey", he said awkwardly. "Hey", Phoebe replied simply before shifting her eyes back to her food. "Should we talk about last Tuesday?", he asked.

She looked up at him and said, "yeah". After all, what happened that day did needed to be resolved.

"Why didn't you tell me that you had feelings for me?", asked Stanley.

"I tried to, but you were just so fixated on Syd and her powers that it almost seemed like you didn't have time for me anymore"

"I guess I have been flaking a lot out on you lately, haven't I?"

She nodded her head. "I'm sorry", he apologized. "So are we okay, now?"

"Yeah, we're okay"

"You know, me and Syd aren't going to homecoming anymore"

"Why? What happened?"

"She's just being a huge dick to me lately"

"I'm sorry. I mean, she's been dealing with a lot of stress lately because of her powers, so I'd give her some space".

"Yeah, I guess you're right".

There was a bit of silence between them for a while until he spoke up, "do you..want to go homecoming with me?"

Before she could answer, he cut her off. "Wait, I realized that I'm kind of doing this wrong", he said. He cleared his throat before signing and asking, "Phoebe King, would you do the honor of being my date to homecoming?",

She giggled before signing, "Yes".

"Great", he smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some days have passed and that night came the homecoming dance. Phoebe had her hair curled and put in a half-up, half-down hairstyle. She wore a sparkly silver knee length dress with silver heels(and black flats). "Remember, no drinking, no drugs, no doing any illegal activity...", Kate told her.

"I know, mom", said Phoebe.

"I'm just saying. You know, when I was your age, me and my friends used to do some crazy stuff on the weekends".

"Does Dad know?"

"Only half of it", she said before she put her index finger to her lips. "Don't tell him".

"Ok", Phoebe chuckled.

Kate took Phoebe's silver diamond necklace and put it around her daughter's neck. "You look great, honey", Kate said as she smiled.

"Phoebe, Stan's here", Lana said as she walked up to the bedroom doorway.

"Okay, I'll be right down"

"Yeah, you better do it before Dad makes him uncomfortable".

Phoebe finally went downstairs and Stanley lit up at her appearance. He was once again wearing his baby blue suit. "Wow, you look amazing", he said. "Thank you", Phoebe replied.

"We should get a picture", Kate said before pulling out her phone.

"Kate, it's not like she's going to prom", said luke.

"Yeah, but I still want to capture this moment", she replied.

After they took pictures, Stanley and Phoebe finally  headed off to the homecoming dance. Stanley parked the car in the school parking lot and the two sat in there as he started smoking joint. "So..are you excited?", he asked her.

"Yeah", she replied.

After a little while, he finished smoking the joint. "Phoebe, I've been kind of thinking lately", he began. "And it turns out..I don't really mind the fact that you like me, so if you want to try the whole dating thing someday, I think I'd be open to that".

"I would too", she said. "I don't think I've ever met anyone like you"

"Me neither. I guess it's a good thing because to be honest, you're one of the best people I've ever met".

"Thank you", she smiled.

He leaned over and planted a soft kiss on her cheek. She smiled at him as she felt herself blush and her face heat up.