Untitled Part 16

The car ride home was silent. Phoebe eventually told Stanley what happened after Brad punched him, but they were still trying to process everything. Phoebe let Stanley stay at her house where her parents were in bed. She gave him an ice pack and he sat on her bed, pressing it to the right side of his face while Phoebe was in the shower. As she washed the blood off of her body, all she could think about was the way Syd made Brad's head burst like a water balloon. 

Wherever she might have gone, Phoebe knew Syd didn't mean to do what she did. She eventually slipped in to a big grey T-shirt and plaid pajama pants, and joined Stanley in her bedroom. He was holding Syd's diary. "I'm worried about Syd", Phoebe said.

"Me too, but we also have to keep this a secret", he told her, referring to the diary.

"Can you stay here?", she asked him.

"But what about your parents?"

"I'll explain to them in the morning. I just don't want you to get hit by your dad again", she told him. "Plus, I don't want to be alone what happened".

"Okay", he said. Phoebe rested her head on his left shoulder and looked down at his lap. "Where the hell do we go from here?", she asked him.

"I don't know", replied Stanley. 

The End

*Second book coming soon!*