What Are We Fighting For? - Stiles Stilinski Imagine

Stiles slammed the front door of his home and stormed up to his room, not noticing Jacqueline was sitting in his living room, waiting for him to come home. Jacqueline was waiting for Stiles to get back from the pack meeting and seeing him come back earlier than usual, she knew something was up. She made her way to his room and opened his door to see him pacing back and forth.

She leaned against the door frame and sighed, “Stiles, what’s going on? Why’d you come back so early?” He didn’t even stop pacing or mumbling to himself to even answer her. Jacqueline walked to Stiles and tried to get him to stop but he knocked her hands away from him, “Don’t.” He kept pacing, not noticing the pained look on her face. “Look, I don’t know what happened but-” “You wanna know what happened so badly, Jacqs? All of them think I’m useless!” She assumed he was talking about Scott, Derek, and Isaac; probably Cora and Peter too, “Babe, you know you’re not useless so why-“

"You don’t fucking get it, Jacqs!" She knew he was upset about this but that didn’t mean he could talk to her like this. "Everything they say is true!" Stiles had stopped pacing and was now facing Jacqueline. She placed her hands on his shoulders and tried to understand more, "Well, what did they say?" He pushed her away yet again and started yelling, "YOU DON’T FUCKING NEED TO KNOW! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ALWAYS SO NOSY!" That was the last straw for her; Stiles had never yelled at Jacqueline like this before and she wasn’t going to let him get away with it.

"BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT YOU, YOU ASSHOLE! DON’T THINK THAT EVERYONE’S AGAINST YOU WHEN I’M RIGHT HERE BY YOUR SIDE!" He let out a dry chuckle, "Are you really, Jacqueline? I know you’re always hanging around Isaac. You “always by his side” too?” She was completely disgusted with whoever was standing in front of her because it certainly wasn’t the Stiles she loved. “What the hell are you talking about?” She looked in his eyes; he didn’t have to answer, Jacqueline knew exactly what he meant by the look in his eyes,”You think I’m cheating on you?”

He scoffed, “Why not? Whenever you’re around him, I can see the way he looks at you and you at him.” She shook her head in disbelief, “You need to calm down, okay?” She tried to reach out to him, but he just exploded, ”DON’T TOUCH ME!” He yelled, pushing her backwards. Jacqueline lost her footing and fell to the ground. Stiles looked down at her, realizing quickly what he’d done. He went to help her but she pushed his hands away, “Don’t even. You know what you’ve done and now you’ll live with it.

Jacqueline got up from the floor and left his room. She quickly went down the steps with Stiles right behind her. “Jacqs, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to push you, I was really upset.” Jacqueline grabbed her bag and coat from the couch, turning to face Stiles, who was standing just an arm’s length away, “Don’t apologize, I’m a lying, cheating slut, right? I don’t deserve your apologies.” He sighed, “I didn’t-” “I know you didn’t say it but you didn’t have to. It was written all over your face.”

With that, Jacqueline left Stiles standing there; stuck with the memory of hurting the girl he loved most. Jacqueline went home, straight up to her room and cried. She couldn’t believe Stiles would accuse her of cheating; she loved him and would never do anything to hurt him. Jacqueline cried all night…and every night after for three more weeks.

Stiles tried calling, texting, showing up at her house, and anything he could think of, but Jacqueline refused to even acknowledge his presence. Whenever he tried to talk to her at school, she’d simply walk away or ignore him as if he didn’t even exist. Stiles was so tired of trying to get Jacqueline to forgive him, he was ready to give up. Scott thought otherwise, “Dude, it took you forever to ask her out and now you’re just gonna give up like that?” The two of them were at lacrosse practice and Stiles couldn’t focus enough to even pretend like he wanted to be there. 

He just shrugged, “I don’t know what to do anymore, I‘ve tried everything and she still won’t even look at me.” Isaac walked up to the two of them, “What’s going on?” Scott nodded to Stiles, “He’s about to give up on Jacqs.” Isaac looked at Stiles in disbelief, “Seriously? After almost a year of being together, you’re gonna give up just like that?” Stiles rolled his eyes, throwing his hands up in anger, “Well, do you geniuses have any bright ideas?” The two boys smirked at each other then looked at Stiles, “We’ve got one but it’s gonna take some help.”

With that the three boys enlisted the help of the lacrosse team in what Isaac and Scott called “The Greatest Plan of the Century.” The next day, Jacqueline made her way to her locker but stopped upon seeing the bouquet of flowers taped to her locker next to a card. She sighed, knowing it was another attempt made by Stiles. She took the flowers and the card and opened it, "I know I’ve royally fucked up but come to the cafeteria right now and I promise this will make up for everything."

Jacqueline mentally kicked herself as she made her way to the cafeteria, knowing this attempt probably wasn’t going to make it better. She arrived to the cafeteria to find more people there than usual and once they noticed her presence, the entire cafeteria went silent. Jacqueline waited for someone to give her an explanation and was given an answer not but seconds later when Stiles’ voice rang out, “I-Is thing working?”

She looked behind the people to see Stiles getting on top of one of the tables. Feedback whined from the microphone, making everyone grimace, “Okay, great, well most of you know what’s going on; others have heard rumors but here’s what’s going down: I messed the best thing that has ever happened to me and I intend on getting her back. Jacqueline, I want you to know that I regret everything we fought about; it was completely pointless and all my fault and this is your apology gift.”

Some of the people made a pathway as Scott walked through the crowd. He unzipped his jacket, revealing a giant purple “J” on his shirt. “J stands for the joy you’ve brought me,” Stiles began, catching the attention of everyone, including Jacqueline. Isaac walked up, standing next to Scott, doing the same except on his shirt was the letter “A”, “A stands for the affection you’ve shown me even before I asked you out,” One tear slipped from Jacqueline’s eyes as she tried to cover her mouth in an attempt to keep the sobs from coming out.

Danny walked through the crowd and revealed the letter “C” on his shirt, “C stands for how much you care about everyone and anyone around you,” This continued as members of the lacrosse team spelled out your name and Stiles told you, and everyone there, what each letter stood for. Finally, the last guy walked through but when he took off his jacket, there wasn’t a letter but a heart on his shirt. Jacqueline looked to were Stiles was standing only to find he wasn’t there anymore. “The heart,” He began as he made his way through the crowd and straight Jacqueline, standing only an arm’s length away, “Stands for my heart that you have wrapped around your finger because I would give you my heart and anything you wanted just to make you happy.”

The tears were now flowing freely down her face and she wasn’t even trying to hide it. “Please, Jacqueline, forgive me. You have my heart and you took it with you the day you walked out.” Jacqueline didn’t even hesitate when she jumped into his arms and wrapped hers around his neck, feeling Stiles wrap his arms tightly around her. The crowd, including the lacrosse team, erupted in cheers at the sight of Stiles and Jacqueline making amends. Stiles had set Jacqueline on the ground after lifting her in the air and kissed me with passion that would make anyone jealous.

Jacqueline pulled away a playfully hit Stiles’ chest, “Don’t ever do that to me again.” He smiled at her, “I wouldn’t dream of it. I’ve even forgotten about the whole fight.” Jacqueline looked into his eyes and smiled, “What fight?” she asked sarcastically, making Stiles smile bigger before giving her yet another passionate kiss.