Pack Mom - Derek Hale Imagine

Chrissy’s POV

The loft was so empty without everyone here; Derek was out doing God knows what and Isaac, Boyd, & Erica were still at school. I guess I shouldn’t complain; this the first time in weeks that I’ve had the place to myself. When everyone’s here, it’s always "Chrissy can you do this?" or "Chrissy can you do that?" or “Chrissy what time is dinner, what are we gonna eat?” I care about all of them, I truly do, but they call my name so many times that I’ve gotten tired of hearing my name and have thought about changing it.

I sat all alone on the couch catching up on one of my favorite books when all of a sudden the door opened and slammed shut. I sat the book down and looked sympathetically at the three Betas walking in with depressed looks on their faces. I opened my arms and Erica walked straight to me and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back, “Bad day?” She nodded into my chest but didn’t answer. Isaac walked to the couch, plopping his entire body on it while Boyd plopped himself on the floor.

I didn’t even need to ask what happened; these three were like little kids and watching them while Derek was out, which was all the time, was the greatest fun I've ever had, you know, when they’re not calling my name every five minutes. I went to the couch with Erica following behind me, lifting Isaac’s feet up so I could sit down. Erica sat on the floor in front of me as I put Isaac’s legs across my lap. Boyd sat up next Erica and smiled at me, “Chrissy do that thing you always do when we’re upset.” Erica smiled and clapped her hands excitedly, “Yeah, yeah, do it!" 

I knew what they were talking about but I wanted to mess with them a little. You looked them confused, “What thing? What you guys talking about?” Isaac sat up and smiled, “Quit playing, Chrissy, come on!” You looked at the three eager faces around you and broke down, “Alright, alright. Ready?” They all nodded and waited patiently. I looked at each of their faces then with a snap of my fingers, a white light appear in the palm of my hand. “Alright, Erica, what’s red. And be creative.” She smiled like a child and thought hard, “Um, oh, a lobster!”

As soon as the word was out of her mouth, a red stream of light shot out from the white, creating the image of a lobster moving. All three Betas smiled at the image; this was something I did for them when they were feeling down or were sick; it’s one of the many powers I have. The only way this trick worked was to call out something that matched the next color in rainbow order. Boyd said a tiger and the color changed red to orange and the lobster disappeared, making a tiger appeared in its place. Isaac said a duck and the color changed orange to yellow and the tiger disappeared, making a duck appeared in its place.

This continued on and on until the door to the loft opened again and a very irritated-looking Derek walked in, stomping his feet the entire way in. He took one look at us and scoffed, “You three act like fucking children.” I glared at Derek and looked at Isaac, Erica, and Boyd, “You guys go upstairs, okay?” They nodded and left, knowing it was not a good idea to argue with me or argue period when Derek was upset. After they left, I made my way to the kitchen and looked at Derek with a disapproving look and arms crossed over my chest.

Derek looked up when he saw me and rolled his eyes, “Don’t start with me, Chrissy, I’m not in the mood.” I shrugged my shoulders and made my way to the fridge to start dinner, “Why would I start with you? I mean, you came in here with a less than pleasant attitude, so why would I want to make worse than you already have.” Derek sighed, “Chrissy, I really don’t need your third degree right now. I’ve-” I slammed the pan on the counter and looked at him, feeling the fire in my eyes, “You were just doing whatever the hell it is you do every day while I’m here all by myself, waiting till you or the three of them get in. Then I’m just swamped doing everything for everybody!”

Derek slammed his fist down; I could practically see the fire in his eyes, “You think I want to leave you here by yourself! I only leave so I can sure that the four of you are safe and protected here!” I scoffed, “You know what could also work, Derek? Actually being here to protect us! THAT WAY YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO OUT!” He could tell I was really angry now because I never yelled at anyone unless I had to. “Chrissy-” I raised my hand, “No. Just don’t, okay? Because I don’t care anymore if you’re here or not; I don’t even notice if you are here. There are three upstairs that care enough to actually speak to me.”

I turned my back to Derek, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to spill. I felt Derek’s hands on my shoulder and I tried to shake them off but he only moved them to my waist, pulling me closer to him, “I care about you, Chrissy, you know that. I just can’t let anything happen to any of you. Especially you; I love you way too much to let anything happen to you.” I wiped a stray tear away and turned around to face him, wrapping my arms around his neck, “Really?” He smiled at me and nodded, leaning to kiss me on my nose, “Really.”

I smiled up at him and kissed him, “I love you too.” He pulled me in for a hug and told me that he was going to try to be here with me more. We pulled away at the sound of someone clearing their throat. We looked to see Isaac, Erica, and Boyd standing at the entrance of the kitchen, looking straight at us. I raised my eyebrow, “Is there something you guys want?” The three of them avoided looking at me until both Erica and Boyd pushed Isaac forward. “Isaac?” He looked at me, back the two behind him, and then to me, “We just wanted…”

Derek sighed, growing impatient, “Wanted what?!” I put a hand on his chest and shushed him. Looking at Isaac again, I cleared my throat, “What he meant was that if what you want has to do with dinner then I will scream at the top of my lungs before coming after the three of you." All three of them looked at each other before bolting out of the kitchen. Derek chuckled and turned back to face me, holding me tighter, “You have such a way with people.” I smiled, “I know, right?” That night, it was like having dinner as an actual family.