New Girl In Town - Stiles Stilinski Imagine

Julie’s POV 

"Julie, honey, I’m sure you’ll make all kinds of friends today." I shrugged my shoulders and sighed. This was the fifth time my family has had to move because of my father’s job. He’s science teacher and he’d been doing substitute jobs until now. I mean, I was glad that he got an actual teaching job but I just can’t handle all the moving anymore. I looked at my mom and scoffed, "Yeah and maybe I won’t be embarrassed on my first day by my dad but I doubt I’m that lucky."

She laughed at me and gave me a kiss goodbye before I left the house. To make matters worse, we had to get the house that was practically two steps from the school. I could feel the stares of everyone as I walked down the hall. I got my locker assignment and went put some of my things away but my locker seemed like it hate me because it was impossible to open. I could see someone walking my direction out of the corner of my eye but I just assumed that they were gonna walk past me. I banged my hand against the locker after my fourth attempt. “Damn it.” I said under my breath.

"That’s the trick locker."

I turned at the sound of the voice saw it was the person I assumed was walking past me. “Excuse me?” He smiled and stepped closer, “It’s a trick locker; the one locker in the school that is impossible to open the normal way.” I scoffed and looked at the locker, “Great. Why wouldn’t I get the abnormal locker?” He laughed and stepped closer again, this time standing right next to me. “Here, let me.” He brought his fist to the locker and banged on it right underneath the lock, making it open without a struggle.

I smiled at the locker then at him, “Thank you so much…uh-” “Stiles.” He held out his hand and I shook it, “I’m Julie.” His smile was so warm and inviting, I almost forgot about being upset about the move. I quickly put my things away, keeping only what I need for the next class. I had assumed Stiles would’ve walked away by now but when I closed my locker and turned around, I was surprised to see him still there. He was still smiling, “You’re new, right? I was wondering if you’d like it if I walked you to your first class.” I smiled back and handed him my schedule, “Yeah, that’d be great.”

He smiled looking at my schedule, “We’ve got about all our classes together.” We walked to our first period which I dreaded immediately when we got there because it was my dad’s class. Stiles saw the displeased look on my face and looked at me in confusion, “What’s wrong?” I looked at him and sighed, “Our first class…” He nodded for me to continue, “It’s my dad’s. He’s the new Chemistry teacher.” He nodded and understood, “Don’t worry, he can’t be that bad.” I shook my head and scoffed, “Oh, just wait. You’ll see.”

 I tried to walk in without my dad noticing me but I was unsuccessful, “Julie. Julie, come here.” Stiles looked at me and I just sighed, turning to walk over to my dad while Stiles took his seat. The bell rang and the last set of people found their seats, staring at my dad and I. “Well, hello, I’m Mr. Tonkins and this is my daughter, Julie.” All eyes were on me and I groaned, moving from my dad to my seat which had to be in the front…right next to Stiles. Throughout the entire lesson, I could feel the people behind me just staring and I know they were talking about me too.

A small note landed on my desk and I slowly picked it up, looking over at Stiles. He nodded to the note, indicating that he wanted me to read it. I sighed and opened the note, a smile soon appearing on my face as I read it.

There are worse things that could happen. At least you made one friend today.

I looked over at him and smiled, mouthing thank you to him. He smiled back and nodded. The bell rang and I told my dad that I’d see him when school ended. I started walking down the hallway only stopping when I heard someone calling my name, “Julie, wait up!” I looked to see Stiles running towards me. “What’s up?” I asked as he got closer to me. He shrugged, “I thought I’d walk with you, if that’s okay.” I laughed lightly at hint of red making its way to his face. “I’d like that.”

Stiles was so sweet to me; at the places I’ve been, no one has been as nice as Stiles. Stiles introduced me to his friends, Scott, Allison, Lydia, & Isaac, who seemed just as nice. The rest of the day was a complete bore, the only things that were highlights of my day were making more the one friend and meeting Stiles. I started to head out at the end of the day, stopping once again at the sound of Stiles’ voice. He was dressed in a lacrosse jersey and some shorts, holding the lacrosse stick in his hand with his bag on his shoulder. “Hey, Julie, I thought; I mean, only if you wanted to, that you could like-“

I laughed, “Stiles?” He looked at me nervously, “Yes?” “Is it cool if I come to your lacrosse practice?” His nervous state went away and a big smile appeared on his face, “Y-Yeah, yeah, that’d be good. Great actually.” My dad walked up behind me, “You ready to go?” He asked. I looked him then Stiles, “Actually I was wondering if I could stay and watch the lacrosse practice.” My dad looked me then Stiles, who looked at my dad with a just a slight nervous look, “I’ll take her home right after, uh, sir.”

My dad put his arm around my shoulder and chuckled, “That should be fine then. I’ll see you at home, Julie.” He kissed the top of my head and walked back to his car. Stiles stood next me and smiled, “Shall we?” He asked, bowing as a joke. I giggled and curtseyed, “We shall.” So far, Beacon Hills didn’t seem like a bad thing at all.