That's My Sister - Derek Hale Imagine

Jessica’s POV

"You haven’t told Stiles, have you?" I winced and turned to look at Derek and shook my head, "No, I haven’t." Derek rolled his eyes and sighed, "But I plan on telling him soon." Stiles felt it was his job to protect and look after me after our mom died and since dad was always working. When I’d first met Derek, he was so arrogant and a jerk that I wanted nothing more than to smack him right in the face, but after he saved my life, there was no one else I thought about more.

Soon after, Derek told me that he really liked me and only acted a jerk towards me so that I would stay out of harm’s way but after I told him I felt the same, there was no turning back. I kept it from Stiles because I knew how he didn’t like Derek all that much and that he’d be completely against it from the start. Derek was fine with keeping it from Stiles until I was ready to tell him, but after five short months, Derek wanted to tell everyone. “Jess, you’ve kept this from him long enough. It’ll be worse to tell him the longer you keep us from him.”

I pouted as Derek wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck, “You know that I love you, right?” I nodded and he kissed my forehead, “I just want to love without having to hide it from people.” I sighed and nodded again, “I know, I know, I’ll tell him when I get home tonight, okay?” He smiled at me and smiled back, faintly. He kissed my forehead again then my lips, “That’s my girl.” I pecked him again on the lips, “Yeah, yeah, yeah.” I stayed at Derek’s for a while, just cuddling and whatnot until it was time for me to head home.

In the car, I thought of thousands of ways that I could tell Stiles I was dating Derek so that I wouldn’t upset him, but nothing sounded right. Pulling up to the house, I saw Scott’s mom’s car meaning that Stiles was with Scott and Isaac. I didn’t want to tell him while they were here only because I knew Stiles would have a fit and I’d rather it not be in front of an audience. I walked in through the door and wasn’t surprised to see the three of them sprawled out in the living room, playing video games. Stiles glanced at me then back to the TV, “Where’ve you been all day?”

I already had a lie in my head, “I went to the library after heading out of the café.” He nodded, not even moving an inch from his spot on the couch. I started walking up the stairs until Isaac’s voice rang out, “Why do you smell like Derek?” I stopped and so did the TV, “What?” I asked, coming back down the stairs. Stiles paused the game and all three boys had their eyes on me. Scott shifted from his spot on the ground so that he was facing me, “Yeah, I smelled it as you walked in.” Stiles gave me a stern look, “What’s going on?”

There was no way I could come up with a lie this fast but as usual, I surprised myself, “He came to the café a little after I did and didn’t want to sit alone so he sat with me.” I could tell Scott and Isaac knew better but my focus wasn’t on them. Stiles shrugged and turned back to face the TV, “Whatever, let’s finish this game, alright?” Scott and Isaac turned to face the TV but I knew that there was more on their mind that the video game. I went up to my room quickly and closed the door as quiet as possible; I almost screamed when I saw a shadowy figure move near my window.

Derek quickly covered my mouth before a single sound could escape my mouth, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” I pushed his hand from my mouth and set my things on my bed, “What are you doing here?” He shrugged, “I thought that when you told him, you’d need back up.” I rolled my eyes, “Well, I can’t with Scott and Isaac here. They almost gave it up themselves.” He looked at me confused as he walked over to my bed and sat down. He reached for my hands and pulled me towards him so that I was standing in between his legs.

I placed my arms around his neck and his went around my waist, “They could smell you on me but luckily for us, Stiles was too absorbed in his video game to even process the thought.” Derek laughed at that and brought his hands to my face and pulled me down so he could kiss me, “So, when do you think you’re gonna tell him.” Just then, the door busted open there stood a very angry Stiles and I knew things were gonna go downhill fast, “Yeah, Jess, when are you gonna tell me?!” I pushed away from Derek, “Stiles, I swear I was going to tell you as soon as Isaac and Scott left!”