Chapter Three

Hana gasped as she ran towards him and pulled him down.

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" She asked as she got up from the floor. She gave the guy a helping hand but was surprised to see a familiar face. "Jungkook? What were you doing? Are you stupid? You could've died! You idiot," she slapped his arm as she scolded him.

Jungkook stood there dumbfounded. "But I wasn't going to jump in."

"Then what were you doing standing on the edge? Enjoying the view?!" She roared.

"Technically, yes, I was enjoying the view," he said innocently.

Hana glared at him but didn't say anything. The poor boy looked like he was about to cry. She groaned and started walking away.

Little did she knew that Jungkook was following her with a smile on his face. When she stopped to look back, she almost bumped into his chest. Hana had to raise her head a little to meet his eyes. It made her heart flutter for a second. But the stupid grin on his face got her on edge again.

"Wipe that stupid smile off your face Jeon! Or I'll make you," she warned him and started walking away once again.

"Wait for me!" He shouted behind her back and ran towards her. Jungkook wasn't sure why but that night, Hana didn't leave his mind.

Something was intoxicating about her that made Jungkook want to keep her to himself. Hana had an aroma that made every nerve in Jungkook electrify.

Jungkook held a powerful aura to him, but he was innocent and naive despite his age. To put it simply, he was an easy person. And many had taken advantage of that, but none of those people were alive to tell the tale.

It might sound suspicious and scary, but it wasn't Jungkook who killed those people but instead, it was time and age that consumed them.

Jungkook, in his life, has seen many people come and go. Jungkook is the kind of person who gets attached too quickly too much. And watching his loved one passing while he stays behind has been most painful for him.

Jungkook has always felt a stopped clock. He is here, but time has stopped for him.

"Good Morning, Mr.Choi," Jungkook greeted him as he walked into the library. "Here is your coffee," he placed the cup on the counter in front of Mr. Choi.

"Thank you and Good morning to you too," Mr. Choi smiled at him before taking a sip from his coffee. He looked at Jungkook before saying, "someone is a bit giddy. Did something happen?" He asked

"Not really," Jungkook smiled, "let's just say I found a reason to live again," he said excitedly.

"Wow, that is a huge statement, Jungkook. Are you sure the reason is worth living for?" Mr. Choi asked cautiously. He was happy to see Jungkook happy, but it was his job and responsibility to keep him safe.

Jungkook nodded his head, his smile getting wider by seconds, "I am positive. You don't have to worry, Mr. Choi. I am not a kid," He stated, but his tone wasn't offensive. "I've lived longer than you, and I know how this world works. It's just that I refuse to accept those things and let them fool me. But I don't regret a single decision I've taken so far," he continued, trying to reassure Mr.Choi.

"I get it, but your father won't be ha-" Mr. Choi got interrupted by Jungkook, "someone is coming," Jungkook raised his head attentively as he said it.

And certainly, Hana walked in with a smile on her face to greet one of her favorite people Mr. Choi. "Good morning, uncle!"

"Good morning, love," he greeted her too as she walked around the corner to hug him.

"Good morning, Hana," Jungkook greeted her as well. He wanted to make himself noticeable. But his heart almost broke when he saw Hana's smile faded when she saw him.

"No good morning to you," she said in a childish tone. Hana couldn't stay angry at anyone for a long time. Forgive and forget was her motto, but more emphasis on forgiveness. But she still wanted to show that she wasn't happy with Jungkook's behavior the night before. Anyone could see that she was failing miserably to portray the message.

Hana grabbed Jungkook's coffee and, without a word, walked away from them. Jungkook couldn't help but smile. He looked at Mr. Choi with puppy dog eyes, but he didn't utter a word.

Mr. Choi rolled his eyes. He understood what Jungkook was trying to say. "Fine! Go, there was nothing to do at the library anyway." He said.

"Thank you, Mr. Choi!" Jungkook practically yelled. Mr. Choi was about to say something, but Jungkook had already sprinted from the scene.

Mr. Choi chuckled as he shook his head, "Kids," he mumbled.

"Hana, wait!" Jungkook called Hana as he ran towards her.

"Stop following me, Jeon," she said as she increased her pace. Hana was about to take a turn when Jungkook came in front of her out of nowhere, "What the? Jungkook! You scared me!" She looked up at him, "how did you get here so fast?"

"I'm a fast runner," he said with a massive grin on his face.

"God! Stop smiling, Jeon!" Hana said with annoyance in her voice. "I want to kill you right," she raised her hand and wrapped them around Jungkook's neck but didn't put pressure.

"Go ahead," Jungkook said calmly. "It's yours anyway." Jungkook looked into her eyes.

Hana forgot how to breathe for a second. She got lost in his eyes. There was an entire galaxy inside them. They held so many emotions, Hana got taken aback.

After a moment, she regained herself. She cleared her throat and removed her hands from Jungkook's neck, lowering them to her sides. "That was gross, Jeon. Don't ever say that again," Hana muttered and started walking.

"Why are you angry at me?" Jungkook asked as he walked beside her.

"Gee, I don't know, hmmm, let's think! Why would I possibly be angry at you?" Hana said mockingly.

"Okay, fine, I understand." Jungkook didn't understand. "I know how I can make you less angry." He grabbed Hana's hand and started jogging in some unknown direction.

"Where are you taking me, Jeon?" Hana asked

"My hideout," He smiled as he looked behind at her.